Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Im new

taniac22
taniac22
United States
2008/05/28, 02:56 PM
I'm 22 just joined FT last week, This is my first week workingout. It's actually only been 2 days but wow my body is really feeling it. There is no way of putting this lightly, I'm just fat. Most of it is really visible on my gut. My legs and arms are actually kinda strong, I have nice legs (wish they were nicer) but I hate my middle section. I don't have kids but since I was 12 it looks like I am either pregnant or just gave birth lol. Any one have a good way to get rid of this? I know what you're gonna say "diet" ok I can do that. I just don't know how to start, I have no support from anyone I know. So basically, I want to hear from people who won't mind me contacting them for support. Thanks.
Erin_123
Erin_123
Canada
2008/05/31, 09:06 PM
HI! first of all dont go on a diet...diets are temporary, they'll work if you want to lose weight....temporary.

you have to figure out something that doesnt make you think "omg this ssuuuuuuuuucks"

my advice is..

count calories...you need to eat! set a 2000 calorie limit and stick to it...if you dont know how many calories are in something...google it. It is tedious trying to look up everything you eat but it's worth it! eventually you'll learn that healthier foods = less calorie cost and moooore food in your tummy...i still like to eat.

cut out sugars, pop, ice caps, juice, sugary coffees ect..these things are just extra calories that are better used on food.

Move! you dont have to go to the gym and run untill you're blue in the face...i never stepped foot in a gym...go for a walk, take the stiars instead of the elevator, go for a bike ride, roller blade, join a sport...jump around like an idiot..buy a skipit...whatever it is just move...being active is sooo very important.

keep a positive attitude...it's true what they say, attitude IS (almost) everything. dont step on the scale every 5 minutes and dont cry over 3 pounds gained...pitch the scale and set goals...find a buddy to lose weight with you..when ur having a rough day and cant get your mind off the 2 liters of ice cream in the freezer log onto these forums and read...stay motivated!

you can do it...it wont come off fast and dont try, you'll hurt yourself. Be patient, and be persistant...and the fat will come off!

good luck!