Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

sick from protein

Devinm
Devinm
United States
2008/02/11, 05:30 PM
I have 100% Optimum Whey Chocolate and have been buying this brand for a while. However, it makes me sick in the morning if i take it makes me feel nauseous. Also, at others times of the day when i take it, i experience a loss in appetite. I think the problem might be because my body is not digesting it because I do not use a blender. Maybe there is something in it that makes me feel that way or maybe I am just sick of the flavor. Has anyone esperienced this before and can anyone help me?

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/11, 07:58 PM
I dont know what the blender would have to do with it... I mix it with water and have no issue. Has it always made you feel sick?

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2008/02/11, 08:56 PM
um as far as i remember. i don't think it actually makes me sick but i just feel sick. its just chalky and clumpy and not the best taste.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/12, 08:16 PM
Thats odd.... I buy ON whey Extreme Milk Chocolate and mix 2 scoops in about 1 cup of water. I use a small hand held thing that I got from bodybuilding.com which is battery operated and it is not chalky or lumpy. If I am on the road I buy a bottle of water and drink about 1/2 then add the powder in and shake for a few and its not lumpy at all. Maybe you have some old stuff.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
ninetymph
ninetymph
Canada
2008/02/22, 03:54 PM
Just try a different brand, man! Or a different flavor.
There are tons out there... you want some suggestions? I have lots of favorites...:)
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/02/22, 09:39 PM
Are you taking a strong vitamin supplement as well when you drink they protein ? I have had a sour tummy a few time before from the dosage of vitamins i take in the morning.... The Syntha-6 whey i use is very tasteful and very fine, i use a hand shaker to make my drinks, unless i add frozen fruit and such...

BSN Syntha-6
Twinlabs Maxilife CoQ10 formula vits

--------------
How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget.. you dont expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes
Initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You cant expect a bit of hope
So while youre outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what youre staring at is me.
----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/02/24, 12:04 PM

Ninetymph hit the nail on the head!
I don't use any electric mixer, just a cup with a cover and shake away. Nice and creamy. no clumps.

And nice muscletone Ninetymph!
============
Quoting from ninetymph:

Just try a different brand, man! Or a different flavor.
There are tons out there... you want some suggestions? I have lots of favorites...:)
=============

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)