Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

V8 Fusion Thumbs up or down?

jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2008/01/27, 08:39 PM
So I've starting drinking V8 fusion (combination fruit and vegetable juice) in the mornings with my oatmeal. I love the taste but I'm worried about how good it actually is for me here are the nutritional facts, and from what I've read of the ingredients there is no added types of sugar or syrup. Should I keep drinking it ?

Serving Size 8 FL. OZ.
Calories- 110
Sodium- 70mg
Potassium- 240mg
Total Carbohydrate- 27g
Sugars- 26g

Vitamin A- 15%
Vitamin C- 100%
Calcium- 2%
Iron- 2%
Vitamin E- 10%
(for a 2,000 calorie diet)

--------------
Jonathan (jonnnyko@hotmail.com)
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/28, 01:37 PM
Seems like most of the carbs in this drink come from sugar although it could be natural sugars from the fruits. However, I would not drink it with breakfast because your oatmeal is mostly carbs, as is this drink. I think you need to cut this drink and add something with more protien added to your breakfast, like some eggs, or turkey or even some low fat milk or cottage cheese. If the sugars are from the fruit and not added sugar, I don't know what harm it would do with another meal, or as a snack later in the day, but be sure to balance out those high carbs with some protiens and good fats. Good luck!