Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Enough Calories?

kumaran-r
kumaran-r
Malaysia
2008/01/21, 10:17 AM
Hey all,

So I actually got to counting how many calories I eat daily and this is it:

Protein: 96
Fat: 80
Carbs: 360
CALORIES: 2523

I'm currently 50kg, 171cm. I'm underweight and an ectomorph. I have fats around my abs and thighs from childhood I'd like to reduce. I'm trying to reduce more carbs and work out more. Right now I work out 3 days a week and do cardio once a week. Is this ok?
What do I need to get leaner?

Thanks.
TTU_dude
TTU_dude
United States
2008/05/27, 01:32 PM
Alright man, i was in the same situation in search of ways to reduce fat and get a leaner, more tone body and this is what i've found. It works for me, but that's just me. 5-6 meals a day, small meals. Each meal primarily protien with some veggies to go with. Find foods high in protien and low in fat. My favorite morning meal is egg whites with salsa with a peice of whole wheat bread. That alone only has about 250 calories. Those types of meals over the course of your day will help to boost your metabolism cuz it's constantly working and with the high protien intake you won't be as hungry that often. So be very aware of how many carbs and fats you are taking in. That is not to say that you should avoid all fats. Good unsaturated fats found in nuts, seeds, and other foods are essential for loosing fat (think of it as an avalanche-you have to have some snow moving along to move the mountain, haha)On top of all of this drink lots of water! No more soda and drinks with sugars. You can go online to different sites that will give you an idea of how much waster you should be taking in. The minimum should be about 2-2.5 liters, more if you're working out. But drinking plenty of water with help your body process fat.

Hope this helped!