Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Low GI diets

yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/12/29, 09:20 AM
I was reading an article in one of my magazines, and they did a study about how low glycemic index diets were one of the best out there. I think it sounds good, because it doesn't ban anything like most 'fad' diets do, and it sounds like it would make me healthier. This is the diet that most diabetics are on, I think, because of the low sugar. Does anybody have any opinions on whether or not it sounds like a healthy diet to go on?
Olibobwa
Olibobwa
United States
2007/12/30, 09:12 PM
I've been on one for about 2 1/2 months. According to the scales i've lost 10lbs and according to the capaliars i've lost 3%bf. Really all I do is eat hambergers(no bread) canned greenbeans(no added salt) cover it with pepper and eat it with mustard.

When I started I weighed 174 with lean body mass of 152
Today I weighed 164 with a lean body mass of 151.88

My workouts suffered but not too bad had to add a cheat day here and there.

ps buy some gum
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/01/01, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply! I don't really want to go on it to lose weight. The article claimed I'd lose 10 pounds in a month, but I don't think it's possible for me to drop 10 lbs and still be healthy anyways. I was just wondering if there are health benefits to keeping your GI low. I don't want to do it if I'll always be hungry and less energetic though haha.
Olibobwa
Olibobwa
United States
2008/01/02, 03:01 AM
I think it's safe to say ,even though I can only see to your belly button, that you're a hottie and don't need to lose any weight

As for the diet, I think it's healthy, and since the low gi carbs take more energy to digest you can actually eat more total calories. I was cutting calories which problably had alot to do with why my workouts suffered. Try it, if you start getting tired you can always swap back to higher gi carbs or get one of those 5hr energy drinks...LOL. But being serious don't forget to mix a fast acting carb with your PWO shake.