Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Pregnancy weight won't budge..

TriMommy
TriMommy
United States
2007/12/28, 02:14 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and I saw some really good advice so I thought someone could help. I like to think that I know a lot about fitness. 2 years ago after having my first child I was in top physical condition. 6 pack abs etc. I ran a marathon and I've done plenty of triathlons. I had my second child in May and the weight just won't budge!! I run about 20 - 25 miles per week and I take a few classes at the gym (boxing, spin etc). I cheat a little one day of the week but that's it. I'm stuck at 170 pounds (I gained 75 during my pregnancy and I have 30 left to lose). Any advice to get the scale to move down???
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/28, 05:00 PM
What's your diet like? Sounds like you get plenty of exercise, but don't mention your diet. Also don't know how tall you are. Just remember, the scale can be misleading. Go by the measurements and how your clothes fit.
Don't feel bad, I went to the Dr. because I was in the same prediciment after my 2nd child. I was convinced that I had a thyroid problem, or some whale disease that made me hold onto blubber to keep warm in the winter. He said that it's common for women "my age" (31) to have this problem after their second child. The metabolism pretty much goes dormant after each child and it's harder and harder to wake it back up. Oh happy day!
He suggested exercising first thing in the morning, being sure to eat 5-6 small meals a day and drinking plenty of water.
Hopefully this helps some. If not, we can start a "2nd baby blubber disease" support group. ha ha.