Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Scheduling and my nutritional needs.

gremgrem
gremgrem
United States
2007/12/11, 05:02 PM
Hello all, I'm need to the FT community and I couldn't find a specific post addressing my scheduling concern, so I thought I'd stop in and ask.

First off, my goals are as follows:
1) Toning & Weightloss
2) Muscle Gain

Currently I weight around 190 lbs and I'm 5'9".

Ok, enough with the background, my concerns are about my schedule/nutrition. I don't have time to workout in the morning, and I don't feel like I get a good workout when I try to squeeze one in at lunch, so I'm going to the gym around 4:30-5. Once I get done, I know I should be drinking a protein shake, but what should be in it? I read from one of the mods that mixing it with milk is less than ideal for a post workout shake.

My next question is, when/what is ideal for dinner? If I get done working out about 6:30-7 and drink my protein shake by 7:30, then according to some of the other posts I'd be eating dinner around 8:30, but that's only 3 hours before I go to bed and I'm assuming eating dinner that late can't be good for fat gain.

Thanks for all your help!