Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Orange Roughy

thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/09/06, 06:20 PM
Okay, I'm not trying to be gross or anything, I just want to know if anyone has ever experienced this side effect from orange roughy.

I have noticed an orange oily discharge when I go #2 (I didn't want to say pooh, cause people will think that's what my name is all about).

I did some research on the net, and it's mostly related to butterfish (a different type of fish), but I've experienced that now with 2 types of orange roughy.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this.
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/07, 12:27 PM
Yeah Orange Roughy has a very high indigestible wax ester content. It is found below the skin. If the fish is deep skinned(ummm wher you take of a thicker layer with the skin) then you wont have as much. I personally dont like the excess fat that is on the fish with high wax ester content so I stick to fish that dont have those issues. Take into consideration that when you see the fat content on that fish it is assumed that the fish is Deep Skinned. So you may also be getting more fat than what you think.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/08, 08:25 AM
i have just read that also what GG just said is that alot of the wax is used in their swimbladders ( an organ used by deep water fish they can inflate or deflate to help them swin easier, using less energy at deeper depth's ) that when frozen for the resale fish market is released from the bladder and it settles just below skin.

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate