Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Really Sorry...

DividedEntity
DividedEntity
United Kingdom
2007/05/07, 03:12 PM
I can see many questions already asked on the subject and even stickied threads about this but I can't find the answers to all my pooled questions on the matter, so please forgive me for asking what must be some rather repetitive questions...

I was talking to some friends about Rocky Balboa, and eventually eating raw egg yolks for breakfast. One said they're like a "protein shake", this'd be very useful for me as I can't actually afford to go out and get protein shakes, but is it true?

Also, my aim is pretty much lean muscle gain, is raw egg yolk suitable? Would they contain perhaps too much fat, or too many calories with the protein? And could I be taking anything with it?

What exactly are the benefits? I've heard (again, not necessarily from reliable sources) that they are contributable to building muscle and improve sex drive, can anyone confirm this for me please?

Thankyou very much, and again, I apologize for asking questions I'm sure you've answered a hundred times. In my defence... I'm new! :big_smile:

James
blaind6
blaind6
United States
2007/05/07, 03:51 PM
I know that raw eggs can be dangerous...kind of like undercooked chicken....risk for salmonilla or e-coli or something like that. As for the rest, Im not sure. There are only about 6 grams of protein in one egg, you could find a protein shake with a lot more that you wouldnt have to choke down.