Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Crave Salt? maybe you need....

Heather2013
Heather2013
United States
2007/03/21, 03:11 AM
I used to crave salt all the time. I used put salt on everything! It was like this my entire life. About 8 months ago, I suddenly stopped craving salt. Being health conscious I tried to figure out what had changed in my life that might account for this. So I went online and did some research. Something I came across mentioned that salt cravings in women could be caused by an iodine deficiency. I checked out my multivitamin that I had began taking 2 weeks earlier and sure enough it contained the maximum daily allowance of iodine. (I used to think iodine was only used in hospitals):) If I forget to take my vitamins I always have a craving for salt, I but if I am taking my vitamins regularly I detest salt...just the thought if it makes me sick!! Now perhaps, that I know the information it could be psycosomatic. but when i first lost the craving I had no idea.

just a thought....