Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

strength and power

lanistae
lanistae
Canada
2006/11/13, 05:48 PM
Hey FT!
i recently joined FT and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice when it comes to powerlifting/bodybuilding because from what i've heard powerlifting focuses more on actual physical strength whereas bodybuilding focuses more on your physical appearence. If you guys could give me some advice on how to combine the two that would be great.Thnx
- lani
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/11/13, 06:48 PM
No offense but you're going to have to get a whole lot more specific with your questions. Try using the search feature at the bottom of the page to get your general info down since what you just asked would take a couple of books and the pay here for answers isn't all that great. :)
lanistae
lanistae
Canada
2006/11/13, 08:23 PM
great thnx
2006/11/13, 09:55 PM
I personally lift heavy weights and eat well...and surprise surprise I am also getting bigger...

I just focus on lifting heavy with compound freeweight exercises focusing on the whole body. In the end it's a mix....having some roots in different lifting forms.

Generally you should have a fairly good idea of what you want...your GOALS....it's hard to give advice beyond just saying yes powerlifting centers around strength and bodybuilding around physical aesthetics...