Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

FAB 4 combos?

BRETTO
BRETTO
United States
2002/08/22, 04:50 PM
I've given so much concentration to meeting my daily nutritional total count, I've never though about the significance of proper proportional nutrient intake. All I know so far is that creatine absorption is enhanced with sugar by creating an insulin spike. So how do the fabulous 4 interact with each other? Should I always eat carbs with protein? Do I never eat carbs with fats? What ratios of carbs to protein to fat to calories? Are there any simple rules of thumb to this question.
Kymryan
Kymryan
United States
2002/08/23, 07:36 AM
The combination of carbs protein and fat will lessen the insulin spike and keep blood sugar more stable- I think this would not be helpful in getting creatine into your system faster.

As for regular eating, different ratios work better for different people- 50%/30%/20% card/pro/fat is "reccommended" for muscle mass, some people do better with 40% carbs and 40-30% protien.
I try to eat them together to keep everything on a even keel- it helps sustain the appetite longer.