Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Mixed messages on pre/post workout meal

Jingo8
Jingo8
United Kingdom
2002/07/25, 10:57 AM
I've been reading up and it seems you need to feed your body in prep for a session as well as after.
So my question is this -

My life/work is such that although i'm planning to spread my meals out, eat more during the day etc, i will still be having 1 main hot meal a day after work. I get home from work around 6pm. I plan to eat breakfast, mid morning, lunchtime, mid afternoon and evening.

Would i be best to have a decent feed around 4pm and head straight to the gym from work (6pm) - this would probably be cold pasta, tuna, yogurt/milk - then have an evening meal later when i get back from the gym.

Or

Have a afternoon snack around 3-4, cook up a decent meal at 6 when i get home and head to the gym around 7, with a snack and shake after.

Obveously i don't want to go to the gym on a full stomach, i was planning on the first, going to the gym first then eating.

Thoughts? or is it just a "what works best"?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/25, 11:11 AM
You should not eat your last meal prior to going to the gym. Do the the first as you planned.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Jingo8
Jingo8
United Kingdom
2002/07/25, 11:33 AM
Thanks.

ANother question, i asume the answer is no, but is there any difference between hot and cold food (except the temp lol).

If i have the same food is it absorbed quicker hot? or does anything in it break down etc etc?

thanks.