Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Is this too extreme?

BLACKINESE22F
BLACKINESE22F
Bahamas
2002/07/11, 05:10 AM
Hey all,
Just looking for some opinions here. I had been stuck at 228 lbs for the longest time. Was actually at a plateau and I had tried everything to get off of it. Then I changed my diet that was 3 weeks ago, i'm now 218. But I want some advice on the way I've started eating. Now I have 2 protein shakes a day w/ 3 egg whites mixed in, 2 can of tuna, a salad and chicken breast or fish w/ vegetables for dinner. It took awhile for me to get used to the protein shakes, actualoly I'm still getting used to it. What I want to know is should I stick to this?

----------------------------
ºblackineseº²°°²™
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/11, 10:46 AM
I think you should always stick to something that works! Dieting is fairly tricky in that you have to mix ratios around with carbs, protein and fat. However, it sounds like you are getting great results (losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks).

Remember, it's not a matter of a speedy weightloss, but more of a lifestyle change that will help you shape your physique to the way you want it. Exercise, eat right and resistance training will be the keys to helping you achieve your goals.

Good luck and welcome here!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/11, 06:44 PM
blackinese, you'll find different foods that will fit into your diet, too. I often fall into eating a lot of the same things for weeks at a time, but then I'll just switch it up and that keeps it interesting. i don't know what you put into your protein shakes, but try mixing in different things (in a blender of course) to make it more bearable.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/11, 07:18 PM
Blackinese----If it works, stick to it. You can always experiment with things too. I think the protein shakes helps a lot. I've lost quite a bit of weight and whether the shakes actually help, I don't know, but I think it does. Since I continue to weight train, I stay with it, to help repair the muscle. Good luck and hope everything works great for you.

--------------
Lisa