Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Help - gained weight and don't know why

c.runner
c.runner
United States
2006/07/09, 03:18 PM
Hello. I do not have an eating disorder however I used to have a slight one a couple of years ago. I am extremely healthy and eat very well now. I also work out great. I just finished my first marathon so I almost have to eat right or I won't function. Anyway my problem is that recently I gained some weight around the middle section. I started a new job and am not training as much bc I am not doing a marathon right now. I haven't been able to eat my regular 5-6 small meals so am not eating a lot at all. Recently I have gained weight in my stomach and can't get it off. I always have abs but can't even see them and even have some love handles. I am still doing 4-5 days of cardio, lifting 2 days and pilates 2 days. When I do cardio I always do 90 minutes and still run 10 miles at a time. My question is how could someone who eats so well and works out great all of the sudden gain weight. I don't want to become obsessive like I used to be but it's hard. My thing for recovery was always if I know I am doing my best with eating and working out that's all I can ask but it is very hard to deal with when I am doing everything right and have gained weight. Can someone please help?
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/07/11, 09:28 PM
Even though you exercise and eat right, there may be other reasons for weight gain and body changes. Your age may be a factor, as you get older, it is harder to maintain your weight. Now that you started a new job, stress may also be a cause. People who are stressed may find weight gain, most common in the lower abdominal area. There may also be other health factors involved. If you do not think age, stress, exercise/diet is the cause of your weight gain, it could be a health condition, however I do not believe that is common.