Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Nutrition break down

Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/06/14, 10:24 AM
Hi from Ontario Canada, my goal is to loose body fat and tone muscle. The excercise plan is not a problem, beside what I am doing with this plane I train in martial arts 3 times a week 2.5 hours each time, plus I cycle daily 15 to 20k this is mode of transportation not just for excercise. The problem I have is meeting the nutrition requirement set out in this plan. total cals 4040, carb 650g, protein 260, fat 49g do these numbers sound correct. I am lucky to reach half of any other than the fat. I eat lots of fruit & vegies raw, tuna & egg whites, some red meat potatoes & pasta. The shakes I have been reading about are very expensive is there alturnatives I could use?
virgochick
virgochick
United States
2002/06/14, 10:33 AM
I totally agree. I have been following the program for a week now and have a hard time meeting all requirements except fat. I usually eat a lot of fruit & veggies, too as well as rice, pasta and chicken...but my portions are pretty small. Not enough to meet the protein and carb recommendations. Other than that, the program seems great so far.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/14, 10:37 AM
The nutrition plan is a guideline based on your goal (mass gain) and what you filled out on your personal profile (weight, height, metabolism, etc.). You can attain these goals by incorporating meal replacement shakes, but you don't have to. Just make sure you eat 5-7 meals per day...basically eating every 2-3 hours or so. The shakes just make eating a meal convenient.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/06/14, 11:48 AM
Nice to see I am not the only one with this problem thanks for your coments

============
Quoting from virgochick:

I totally agree. I have been following the program for a week now and have a hard time meeting all requirements except fat. I usually eat a lot of fruit & veggies, too as well as rice, pasta and chicken...but my portions are pretty small. Not enough to meet the protein and carb recommendations. Other than that, the program seems great so far.
=============
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/06/14, 11:54 AM

Mass gain is not my goal weight loss is I have a good amount of muscle, I want to loose the fat and keep the muscle. the only question was for the enty of the hieght in the profile do you break it down to inches? I entered 5 8 for 5 feet 8 inches.
============
Quoting from rpacheco:

The nutrition plan is a guideline based on your goal (mass gain) and what you filled out on your personal profile (weight, height, metabolism, etc.). You can attain these goals by incorporating meal replacement shakes, but you don't have to. Just make sure you eat 5-7 meals per day...basically eating every 2-3 hours or so. The shakes just make eating a meal convenient.

=============
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/14, 12:08 PM
Actually, 5'8" is 68 inches. Anyway, you should still be able to hit your target nutrition as long as you eat more often. I know this may be a foreign concept to some dieters, but this actually helps to raise your metabolism and will aid in recovery from weight training.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/06/14, 07:23 PM
I think all of the newcomers have found it hard to meet the nutrition goals in the beginning, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll learn how to adjust as you go along.