Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

must be 18 years or older....

xkumquatx
xkumquatx
Japan
2006/05/06, 10:01 AM
hello everyone, i'm new here, and i just want to understand why all diets begin with "this diet is for people 18 years and older..." for one thing, i'm 14 and i'm not overweight (by american standards. i live in japan, a country of extremely thin people constantly dieting to get even thinner, so here, i feel huge...sorry, i'm just rambling now.) i just want to become fitter (and lose body fat in the process XD ).
what i really would like to know is why you have to be 18 years or older. i understand that our bodies are developing...we are still growing...blah blah blah...we shouldn't cut any calories...i'm constantly hearing "you need all you can get" but gaah! i've also heard that too much muscular work is bad for us. i want to get serious about health, and my parents are very supportive whenever i go for a run but i simply don't know what is healthy for a teenager. should i eat 6 small meals a day, or 3 big ones? should i do aerobic exercise every day or every other day? should i do abs? what time of day should i work out? should i eat more protein if i do muscular work? how am i going to fit this into my schedule? how will i make my grandparents understand? (i recently became a vegetarian and last week they gave me fried chicken. -.-;)
thanx for listening to my ramblings :)
-kaylie
JustinE22
JustinE22
United States
2006/05/06, 02:51 PM
At your age I would just be conscious of what you eat. Try to limit your intake of junk food and candy. If you want something sweet have a peice of fruit. Start exercising or find a fun activity or sport to play. No need to exercise everyday. At your age just start being more active outside rather than inside playing video games or whatever it is you do. Enjoy life and don't fret about your weight, by making those small changes you will begin to get where you want to be physically, your too young to be analyzing your diet so closely. Just my advice having been there before. Take it easy Kaylie.
2006/05/07, 03:48 AM
it's mostly a disclaimer for legal reasons....there are ofcourse others...but i believe the legal one is the primary...

xkumquatx
xkumquatx
Japan
2006/05/07, 07:01 PM
Thanks!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/06/08, 12:58 PM
ive just recently started eating 6 small meals a day and its worked, but i also run 3 miles a day or so

--------------
-Aaron
honeybunny0104
honeybunny0104
United States
2006/06/22, 11:14 PM
heyy i got some fat i wanna loose help me!:big_smile: people say im skinny but i want to loose more and i have thought about throwing up after every meal:cool: