Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Fitness Plan Issues

CoDrak123
CoDrak123
United States
2006/04/23, 06:09 PM
Ok I have a home gym but I don't have most most of the stuff freetrainers suggest I have when doing my exercises. My gym consists of a pull down, Bench press, and something for my legs(don't know the name). Anyone no how to make it so that my fitness plan only uses these three things.
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/04/24, 11:21 PM
There are a lot of things you can incorporate to your workout, wtihout several machines and weights. The pull down gives you a back workout, the bench press has got your chest covered, and well the leg thing has your legs...you can do push up that will help with the triceps and a series of different crunches can be done for your abs. However, over time your body gets used to these exercises and you reach a plateau, you will have to change up your workout a bit to get past your plateau.
Have you ever considered getting a membership to a gym? Depending on where you live, there are affordable memberships you can get if you do your research. Check to see if they have discounts for teens/students. The gym will give you a wider range of exercises you can choose from, and simply being in that atmosphere can keep you motivated. From my experience, I have learned how to change up my fitness routine by watching others, however, be careful, because sometimes they don;t always know what they are doing!:laugh::dumbbell:
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/04/25, 05:29 AM
I don't know what kind of home gym you have but most are more flexible than they might at first appear. A friend of mine has a 3 station setup that sounds something like yours and just uses her imagination. You might be able to do deadlifts and even bent over rows with your bench press by standing on the bench. That might not work depending on the motion of the bar. You might also be able to do shrugs with it. If you can't join a gym, a set of starter weights aren't that expensive.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
CoDrak123
CoDrak123
United States
2006/05/01, 02:12 AM
Okay thank you guys for your help.