Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

warm up Stretches

garwho
garwho
Australia
2006/04/11, 12:44 PM
Hi there, I am a 52 year old male and have decided to get back into shape. I intend on doing so using one of those chuck Norris weight machines. I need to know what stretches I should do before hand as I don't know to many. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to find Photos depicting the stretches and how to do them, how many I actually neeed to do and so on.:(
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/04/11, 01:24 PM
Actually studies show perfroming stretchs before weight training...show to decrease muscle output by like 10% I think. I dynamic warm up has shown to be better.

Which usually consists of doing light excercises of the muscle your about to use...and get blood flowing to that area.

Example bench....do some light bench press 10-20 times...2 or 3 sets....then going into your working sets.

most say...don't stretch a cold muscle... so if you do stretch before weight training...do AFTER you warm up...and get blood flowing to the muscle.

However I persoanlly think you get better results..if you warm up...workout...cool down...then do light stretching afterwards...

i can usually stretch 2 or 3 in further after my workouts. Than cold...

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.