Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Supplements...i have serious questions!

kingsham
kingsham
United States
2006/04/05, 03:41 PM
I'm 14...which some say is too young for creatine. About late July August of 2005 i started using creatin/whey protien. I went from a flabby 140 to a more toned and defined 165...some of the weight gain was just from growing and eating. I was using Celltech/ON 100% Whey.

I would lift/train for 1hour/day with a 15-20 minute cardio session. I was about 157-163 during wrestling season. My moms is a nurse...she says i need to change my diet and workout...i am...I just want a boost. If i dont really need the creatine...ill just go with the whey. But i liked the creatine. I was looking at a few kinds like the:

AST Creatine HSC - 4 Lb
Champion Creatine Extreme Punch - 4 Lb
Champion Power Creatine - 1000 Gram
Eas Phosphagen Creatine - 1000 Gram
German American CE Transport w/ethyl ester creatine FruitPch - 4.5 Lb
Ast Micronized Creatine Monohydrate - 1000 Gram
MRM Creatine Monohydrate Micronized - 1000 Grams
Natures Best Creatine Monohydrate - 1000 Gram
NxCare Hyper Growth Fruit Punch - 5.06 Lb
Optimum Nutrition Pre-Load Creatine Fruit Punch - 4 Lb
Prolab Creatine Monohydrate (SKW German Creapure) - 1000 Gram

Whey Protiens:

Cytosport Complete Whey Choc - 5 Lb
Designer Whey Protein Choc - 5 Lb
Dymatize Elite Whey Chocolate - 5 Lb
Eas 100% Whey Protein Choc - 5 Lb
Eclipse Bulk Whey Protein Choc - 5 Lb
MRM Metabolic Whey Chocolate - 5 Lb
Iss Research Whey Matrix Choc - 5 Lb
Hdt 5 + 1 Whey Protein Choc - 6 Lb
Now Whey Protein Chocolate - 5 Lb
Optimum Nutrition Classic Whey Chocolate - 5 Lb
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Protein Rocky Road *Gold - 5 Lb
Ultimate Nutrition 100% Whey Pro Star Protein Plain Unflavor - 5 Lb
Universal Ultra Whey Pro Chocolate - 5 Lb
Prolab Pure Whey Protein Choc - 5 Lb

if creatine is ok...which one out of my list is best?....same for the whey protien
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2006/04/05, 04:05 PM
Creatine - I would say too young for creatine

Protein - I use ON 100% Whey Choc flavor. I mix it with dextrose and maltodextrine for my post work out shake. It actually tastes pretty good

Also, you may want to only post your questions once
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/05, 11:59 PM
You may want to beleive the creatine and whey is what took you from 140 and flabby to a more toned and defined 165 but I can almost gaurantee you it wasn't. Creatine is meant to be used as a boost for people who hit a sticking point, or plateau. Not right from the start. Still, most people do and therefore they never even realize the true benefit of it. At your age creatine is just a waste in my opinion. Your body is cranking out testosterone and growing like crazy. That is why you went from a flabby 140 to a more defined 165. Don't give Cell-Crap and creatine the credit. If you eat right, workout and rest you'll see great gains. If you do decide to go with something, be smart, drop the creatine and Cell-Crap, just do a simple Whey PWO shake like atiger mentioned with some malto and dex. And that's only if your not going straight home to eat. That's really the only time you need it.

--------------
Hungry and mean!