Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

advice on diet

isis45uk
isis45uk
United Kingdom
2006/03/28, 09:55 PM
Hi im new to this site and am after a little help. Im 5ft9,249lbs and am looking to lose weight. Ive just started a fitness plan from your website. Im after help with my diet.
If i give a daily example of what i eat then that will help. I work nights so my meals are a bit different from the normal times.

Breakfast- Bowl of branflakes, semiskimed milk, piece of fruit.
Lunch- Peice of chicken/pork/loin steak, with baked potatoe or new potatoes,gravey. 2 portions of veg. On another day ill have a peice of fish in bredcrumbs with potatoes and 2 veg.

I take a pack up meal to work with me as im there 12 hours.

This will be- 2 turkey ham sadwhiches on wholemeal bread, 1 sliced turkey wholemeal roll, A low fat yogurt, 2 pieces of fruit.

As i said at the start im on one of your fitness plans and doing cardio as well. Im just after advice on my diet. Anything im have to much or to little of to achive my goals. Which is losing weight and toning my body

Thank you
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/28, 10:34 PM
Take a minute and check out the "grocery list for healthy eating" in the specific diet and nutrition forum. Base your diet around those foods. I don't really see anything in the way of healthy fats currently in your diet, except the fish maybe, deending on what it is, would also skip the breadcrumbs, go without. Your probably not eating enough beleive it or not. try and get a meal in every 3 hours. A decent snack like a handful of walnuts can serve as a meal even, not to mention add some good fat to youor diet. Not sure if whole "meal" s the same as whole grain, opt for whole grain. Drop the new or baked potato for a sweet potato. Eggwhites, sweet potatoes, boneless skinless chicken breast, brown rice, tuna(in water), oats, ground turkey, these are things that are good for trying to lose. Browse around that forum and maybe do a search on maintenance calories, if you can determine how to get yourself there, it will help you out quite a bit.

--------------
Hungry and mean!