Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

WHEN TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS?

traderhines
traderhines
United States
2006/03/20, 02:26 PM
I just recently decided to start taking supplements and I am confused as to when to take them. I have animal pak, glutamine and cla. I don't eat before I go to the gym because I am limited in time. I'm out the house by 5:40am and my schedule goes as follows:
7:00 am At the gym.
9:00 am done and off to work.

My question is, when do I take the animal pak and glutamine? I take the cla with breakfast, lunch and dinner. With the addition of these new supplement,when I do I fit these in? I appreciate any help.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/20, 02:45 PM
I tried Animal Pak a while back, on workout days I would take one pack prior to workout and one shortly after my workout. On non workout days I would take one pack in the morning. May be wrong and if so someone will correct me, but the glutamine can be taken with your PWO.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
2006/03/21, 12:50 AM
Honestly man, i would not take 2 paks of the animal pak. That is for a bigger guy who has been training for an extended period of time.

unless you are power lifting or really taxing your body, then you might not need 2 paks.

Hell they are 11 pills deep, i have trouble taking 1 pak a day with out ralphing.

Thats my opinion, so take what you will.
Nyxtikal
Nyxtikal
United States
2006/03/21, 03:35 AM
i take 2-3 grams of glutamine 3 times a day: when i wake up, post workout, and b/4 bed
traderhines
traderhines
United States
2006/03/21, 09:35 AM
Well actually, I am a pretty big guy. I am 5'11 220. I have been training for a few years and I am very muscular. I am actually thinking about competing in a couple of years. The thing is I don't really take any supplements,hell i don't even use any protein shakes or anything. I get what I need from the foods I eat. I figured, because I only drink water except for a small juice with my breakfast i need some vitamins thrown in there. In saying this, when do I take the animal pak? I don't eat until after I workout and I take cla with my breakfast. Do I take it first thing in the morning? Do I take it with my breakfast after the cla? When do I take the glutamine? I'm confused about the whole supplement thing.

============
Quoting from j2048b:

Honestly man, i would not take 2 paks of the animal pak. That is for a bigger guy who has been training for an extended period of time.

unless you are power lifting or really taxing your body, then you might not need 2 paks.

Hell they are 11 pills deep, i have trouble taking 1 pak a day with out ralphing.

Thats my opinion, so take what you will.
=============
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/21, 12:01 PM
j20 made a decent point. But if your workout IS taxing, combined with your size, you could do one pre and post workout like I mentioned but it's not necessary. I just remember that being the recommendation to me. I would also try and eat pre-workout in addition to post.

To go in a totally different direction though, if you've managed all this time without, what's making you want to start using them now. Just wondering. A multi isn't a bad idea, neither is the glutamine or cla for that matter.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
traderhines
traderhines
United States
2006/03/21, 12:32 PM
I just recently upped the intensity of my workouts and also I been drinking ONLY water. I can only imagine what my body is being depleted of, So I figured I would add something to my regimine.

============
Quoting from Mojo_67:

j20 made a decent point. But if your workout IS taxing, combined with your size, you could do one pre and post workout like I mentioned but it's not necessary. I just remember that being the recommendation to me. I would also try and eat pre-workout in addition to post.

To go in a totally different direction though, if you've managed all this time without, what's making you want to start using them now. Just wondering. A multi isn't a bad idea, neither is the glutamine or cla for that matter.

=============