Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

15 yr old and overweight

fatweightchick
fatweightchick
Canada
2006/03/15, 04:27 PM
Hi, Im 15 years old, 5'3 and 165 lbs. I have no self esteem, and i really want to lose weight however, when it comes down to it, i always seem to "cheat". I need to lose weight so that one, i can be healthy and two, so i will have self esteem and be able to go shopping for clothes without crying how I look. Please help me. I also have a boyfriend, for 2 years now, he always tells me "your not fat, your beautiful" but I know deep down he knows im fat. I love him, and its not a "crush" I also want to lose weight for him, so I know he means it when he says nice things to me. Please help me, I dont want to cry myself to sleep anymore. Can you give me some advice, or good exercises? or even a plan for me to lose 25 pounds.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/03/17, 08:45 AM
Hi Honey

I have a 14 year old daughter that thinks that way you do.Its hard to loose weight and eat good food at your age cause there is so much junk food out there,and you get tempted.

Losing weight has to be for you and you only...Try and eliminate some of the bad foods you think you eat.Small changes that you make will help you out alot...

If you want help then I would honestly sit down and talk to your mom or dad.Perhaps they can give you some good ideas and give you support and buy the foods you need to help with your weightloss

REmember too tho that your body is still going through major changes right now...I was overweight at the age of 15 and when I reached 16 I was determined to loose some and I did!...

Good luck
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/20, 01:12 AM
Take it from me. When your BF says your beautiful, he means it. You've been with him for 2 years, if he didn't mean it, your relationship would have been over shortly after the first time he told you. I've been with women that felt the same way you do. I know your just a girl but the principle still remains the same. I know he doesn't think of you as fat. But you do. And that's where the problem lies. That's where the self-esteem issue sprouts. That's where any and all self destructive attributes can and will be born. And that's where you need to start your new leaf. You have to stop thinking of yourself as fat. You need to start thinking of yourself as beautiful. And live day to day knowing your only going to get stronger with each and every one.

Bottom line, and the whole point of the last paragraph is, you have to do this for you. You have a genuine relationship, he's only happy if your happy, and your only happy if he's happy. You regaining your self-esteem will be the key to your success, whether you decide to lose the weight or not.

If you do decide to lose some weight, take it slow like mystic mentioned. Start out by cutting out junk food, like chips, soda, fast food, etc. This will in itself make a big differance. Start eating smaller portions. Be more active, even if it's just going for a jog or walk every night. Make sure you have a friend with you if you do. When it comes right down to it, it's all about having a calorie deficit to lose weight. You need to expend more calories than you take in. Like mystic also mentioned, talk to your parents and see what there take on it is. You may be surprised. If there's a YMCA or something nearby maybe your parents would be up for taking you there. And by all means don't leave your BF out.

Ok, I've bent your ear long enough, Keep holding your head up. Your gonna do just fine.
I as well as many here beleive in you, now start believing in yourself. And don't forget who probably believes in you the most. Your BF.

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/20, 01:29 AM
Let me add just one more quick thing. Your a pretty new member and have only made one post. Not completely sure what the meaning behind fatweightchick is. But if it's just another stab at yourself, why dont you think of a screen-name that's a little more re-assuring, start a new on if you want. Something like newchickhatchin would be nice. Anyway, totally up to you.

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/04/20, 04:00 PM
The best advice....find something to do that you like to make it easiewr on yourself, sitting around and putting yourself down isn't gonna do you any good...

1st off, get rid of the cokes...that will save you easyly cut 500--700calories a day. thats liek droping 5lbs in month if not more.

Cut out refined sugers...white bread, white rice....if man has industrilized it....don't eat it. fruits, veggies....have those all ya want.

drink more water...cokes dehydrate you, and your body will store water if it don't get enough....if you drink it enough body doesn't need to store it....not to mention its good for the kidney's

Get active..walk, jog, do it with your boyfriend...get a gym mebership together...I know golds gym when they have specials will run like 19.99 a month for teens...which is dirt cheap for gym dues!

instead of sitting around down on yoru self futher your mind....I like playing chess...opens the mind up and lets it grow...along with the body.

goodluck..

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/28, 06:35 PM
This is a free info site...it is not to be used as a tool to peddle your product.

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/29, 04:01 AM
My last post was in response to a post which has since been removed by the admin. or moderators.

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/06/07, 02:18 PM
I was over weight when i was 16 i weighted in at 240, i joined cross country and i lost 80 lbs, but its alot of hard work, but u will make friends and keep em, but its up to u,

--------------
-Aaron
ixiaznretard
ixiaznretard
United States
2006/08/02, 03:36 PM
when i was 15 i was 200 and now im 16 at 210..

joined football freshman and sophomre years
Wandhappy
Wandhappy
United States
2006/11/08, 12:17 PM
:cool:
I am 14 yrs old. And I am 5 ft 11 I weigh 272. I am Athletic. And i am now hmeschooled so i have gained weight on thing that i have learned is that you dont tend to eat as much when you are doing something. LIke a hobby. Basket ball was a hobby and needs to still be a hobby. I practice and lost weight. I like to read so i rea instaed of eat ice cream. If you want to lose weight you will only be able to did if you have the want to do it it has to be for you and no one else. I think all the teens here shopuld form a support group. I hope that helped
Jess
angiecakes
angiecakes
United States
2007/02/22, 05:52 PM

im 15 and i weigh 150 pounds and im 5"1 i really want to be skinnny for the summer time so i can look goood in a bathingg suitt.. u think theres any hope ? its almost march and im still obese
drquack11223
drquack11223
United States
2007/02/22, 05:59 PM
first of all, your not obese, second of all, its never to late to shed some weight. Look around here and you'll find tons of into to help you out. Just get motivated in any way your can!
jadeypie
jadeypie
United Kingdom
2008/03/28, 11:24 AM
hi im jade
im 15 n i weigh 170 however i still hv amazing friends n i love my life x no1's perfect bt if u keep putting urself dwn then u'l never become the person u want 2 b !!!!!
love ur life and remember that u onli live once x
wb x:love:
jadeypie
jadeypie
United Kingdom
2008/03/28, 11:26 AM
p.s i do want 2 lose weight bt i love who i am xx
whats the most weight i can lose in 30 dasys ?
i dont do alot of exercise :dumbbell: however i am in a rugby team n i love it x
i also need some tips on how to eat healthy xxxxx
help plz x :big_smile: