Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Only have two months...need to be toned!

laurenpaige
laurenpaige
United States
2006/02/28, 01:14 PM
Hey Everyone,
Well I am competing in a national pageant come april. I had a trainer for a while, but now I am on my own! I know the basic's of working out, but I want to be looking as toned and in shape as possible. I have a really fast metabolism, I am 5'7 and 110lbs. I have always been really thin but I want to bulid more muscle definition. I know I do not have much time and I already feel like my body is in shape but I want to take it up an extra step and look healthy, toned and fit. I take whey protein and I have been really good about eating good but these next two months are crucial for me to get the best results FAST! Any suggestions. I could really use some ideas on working out my abdominals.:)
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/28, 01:44 PM
Lauren, You could start the 12-week ab program the site offers and that would get you started, make sure while doing it you add resistance(weight)to the workout, otherwise all your doing is burning calories. You can find the program under exercise program at the top of the page. Where the workout will help you, your time may well actually be better spent tweaking your diet to shed a few pounds in order to get your BF% a little lower.
Get a good calculated BF%. Then start righting down every single thing you eat every day for a couple weeks. From there, determine your maintenance calories. At that point you can start reducing your caloric intake to lower your BF%.
The exercise and diet together(diet being key) will help get you closer to the results you want.
If you go to the specific diet and nutrition forum read and eat from the "grocery list for healthy eating". You may also find reading "diet thread" very helpful.
Good luck, and welcome to FT!!!

--------------
Seize the day!