Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine

wakey1492
wakey1492
United Kingdom
2006/02/25, 05:17 PM
I'm taking a year out from playing rugby. I follow a 3 day a week training routine in the gym. I do my workouts at around 5/6 in the evening before my evening meal. I take a Whey protein shake about 30 mins after these training sessions and have noticed small gains. Would taking creatine increase these gains? I want to bulk up for next season?

What would be the best method to use? for taking protein and creatine? As i am very confused by reading comments and its a lot to take in.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/25, 07:47 PM
Only "weght gain" you'll see from creatine is water weight(roughly 8-10lbs). Creatine gives you an added boost, making you able to lift more and in the "long run" gain more.
As far as when to take it, people say different things, some say load it for 5 days taking four 5gm servings daily to saturate your muscles, and others may say just take it regularly and after about 30 days your muscles will become saturated. You don't have to cycle creatine but you can if you like.
The best way to take it is 5gm before your workout and then take an additional 5gm mixed with your protein shake after your workout, which you should consume 1/2 quickly and sip the other 1/2 over roughly 30 minutes. Don't mix your PWO with water until your ready to consume. Use 1/4 your body weight in protein and 1/4 your body weight of a 50/50 mix of malto dextrin and dextrose which is at most health food stores.
PWO example:
160lb individual
Protein=40gm
creatine=5gm
dextrose=20gm
malto dextrin=20gm

--------------
Seize the day!