Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Regarding products, usage, pros/cons

TunTavern
TunTavern
United States
2006/01/24, 05:35 PM
I'm new to FreeTrainers and just signed up last week. Something I wanted to throw out here for people smarter than me to respond to, if they don't mind -

I've done a 180 of sorts. In the past year I've been using the AST's "MAX-OT" training method and saw considerable gains in strength. But since then, I've gotten back into the military (reserves) and so one of my main priorities now is to lean out and of course get a good amount of cardio in.

That's how I found this website, in a search for a new program to go with.

But I digress....

I typically don't like putting all of my eggs in one basket but that's almost precisely what I have done with my purchasing of supplements. And I wanted to get feedback from those who would know.

Almost all of my supplements are from AST Sports Science. I use their VP2 Wyet Protein, CM750 Creatine Caps, GL3750 L-Glutamine Caps, ProFlex 750 (Glucosamine-Chondroitin), Dymetadrine Xtreme, and just added their CLA1000 (Conjugated Linoleic Acid).

My questions are:

a) AST = good, bad, ok? How do they rate in the minds of other fitness guru's in regards to the products they sell? Should I be getting these same types of supplements but from someone who makes a better product?

b) Are any of these products going to be counter-productive to my goals of leaning out and getting good definition?

c) Is there any other type of supplement that I'm not taking but should or should consider?

I'm not trying to imply that I have anything against AST...obviously... I've spent quite a bit of money using their products but I never had a community to inquire about with this before and now I do so I wanted to see what your opinions are.

Thanks!