Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Bodybuilding= Eating SO often

bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/04/06, 09:40 PM
Hmmm I just changed my daily routines a bit and now I eat 8 times a day !!!! Wow I cant believe I can actually do this....

AM I the only one that needs to eat every 2 hours tops ?

This is a full-time job man :/

Dan
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/07, 12:55 AM
I've tried to eat like that. You grow like a weed!I've even thrown in the ol' wake up in the middle of the night to slam down another shake or snack. My problem is that I just get plain sick of eating and cooking nonstop so I can't stick to such a schedule for more than a couple of weeks at a time. I think the eating is the hardest and most time consuming aspect of bodybuilding.
bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/04/07, 09:14 AM
YA about drinking in middle of the night. I use supplements 3 times a day out of 8. But if I were to take supplements in middle of the night , it has to be low on carbs eh? Right now the shakes I take gives me 30g of protein/125g carbs . That be way to much carbs for when your asleep eh?
Maybe I should buy a supplement that is concentrated in proteins only for overnight shakes...?

Dan
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/07, 11:02 PM
Hey guys give your body some time to grow. Sounds like you keep your body in digest mode constantly. Have you tried 5 large meals a day? I eat 5 times a day and take in about 4000+ cals and still get a full nights rest. It would seem to me that your GH and testosterone release would get messed up by waking up in the middle of the night.
green9r
green9r
United States
2001/04/08, 12:07 PM
What kind of meals do you eat? The reason I ask is I'm good with the workout but I'm terrible with the nutrition.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/08, 09:03 PM
I believe that nutrition and exercise co-equally play an important part in muscle growth and development. Sleep also plays an important part for cellular growth and repair. During sleep GH and testosterone are released(glutamine helps with testosterone,eh?). In my opinion waking in the middle of the night borders on obsessive /
compulsive behavior as it appears unnecessary.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/08, 09:17 PM
As with any new endeavor we embark upon the acquiring of knowledge becomes a lifetime road. The martial arts are an example in that it is said that becoming a black belt just means that you know tha basics and that you are now truly ready to explore. "Bodybuilding"(as Arnold says,anyone that uses resistance training to improve their muscles is a bodybuilder)is just the same. Nutrition is just one aspect of the trip,the fuel so to say. Start by reading the labels of the foods you eat and note prot's/carbs/fat/cals-add them up and voila you're on your way to understanding nutritional intake you need. You have your goals and just multiply/divide to acheive these. Muscle building I multiply the portions, shedding I divide.Some foods are higher in protein so you can eat smaller portions than others less protein rich. Its a blast to explore and discover what foods you realy can enjoy. There are lots of cookbooks out there. I hate to say it but It's a Long Strange Trip with Crazy Days.I LOVE IT!!!!!!
bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/04/08, 10:16 PM
Well lets just say Im not planning on putting my alarm to wake me up in middle of night to take a shake eh :P

But lets put that aside ....

If I were to take a shake as my last meal of the day , like near bed time , is it bad if its got alot of carbs ? Or what would you guys suggest ?

Dan
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/09, 01:03 AM
It was once said that intaking carbs close to bedtime inhibited protein synthesis, but I've seen suggestions that small carb intake at the last meal is not as detrimental as thought. It is said that your last meal should be approx 2 hours befor retiring.
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/14, 08:25 AM
OK, OK already! I said I tried it(waking up to eat) I didn't say I made a habit of it or anything. It was suggested in a few articles I read in muscle rags, so being one who'll try almost anything once I gave it a shot. I AM NOT OBSESIVE COMPULSIVE! OBSESIVE COMPULSIVE! OBSESIVE COMPULSIVE! OBSESIVE COMPULSIVE!OBSESIVE.............:)
franklatimer
franklatimer
United States
2001/05/25, 12:04 PM
HERES WHAT I HAVE BEFORE BED...I HAVE A BOWL OF COTTAGE CHEESE(NONFAT) AND AN APPLE, I READ SOMEWHERE THAT IT HELPS YOU SLEEP WHICH IS WHAT I NEED, SO FAR IT WORKS