Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

What should I be eating?

kschoenewald
kschoenewald
United States
2001/03/25, 02:16 PM
Hello all:
I have been working out for quite awhile now, I am not a heavy individual but I would like to lose 5-10 additional pounds. I have been excersizing and I practice martial arts regularly. I regularly eat salads, vegetables, etc. I stay away from sweets but every once in awhile I treat myself. I drink plenty of water. What type of diet should I be on? What types of foods should I be eating?

With all the different types of talk about not eating this or that or this causes that and this. It all gets so confusing, any advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

sunnyjack
sunnyjack
United States
2001/03/26, 04:37 PM
Salads and veggies are necessary, but balance is important as well. Getting enough protein and fats is important too. Do you eat meat/fish or chicken? Turkey breast is a great source of clean protein - eggs are too.
bore
bore
United States
2001/04/01, 08:53 PM
Eat enough proteins to at least maintain your muscle mass. Try cutting out some of the starchy carbs, like rice and potatoes. Eat 4-6 times a day. 3 solid meals and 2-3 supplement meals, like protein powders and meal replacement shakes to make sure your getting all your nutrients.

Rob