Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Burning more than you take in....

kimber26
kimber26
United States
2001/03/09, 09:35 AM
i have heard this statement about calories alot in the questions in here. this makes sense but my question is how. i do the workout program for 4 days a wk that is available on here to lose weight and tone up. i warm up with 3-5 minutes on the bike and warm down with my healthrider for a few minutes (i am doing my workouts at home). but with this i am only burning about 300 calories a day according to my program that tracks it for me. i am taking in about 1500-2000 calories a day, what can i do to burn 1700 more calories??

kimber
sunnyjack
sunnyjack
United States
2001/03/09, 12:14 PM
You are burning many calories throughout the day in addition to the 300 you are counting. Eat most of your calories early in the day and then taper off in the afternoon. Have a light dinner. Don't eat after 7:00 pm. Add resistance training to fire up your muscles and they will help burn even more fat.
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/03/09, 12:23 PM
Kimber26, I'm not an expert in this field but I can tell you what I do know. You don't just burn calories during your workouts but instead you burn calories all day long or even days after performing one workout. When you exercise you’re tearing down muscle and when your not exercising your body has to use extra energy to repair the damage; this process burns calories. Did you know you even burn calories when you’re sleeping, when you're digesting food, when you're breathing and when you, well you get the point. I don't know the exact percentages to how many calories burned while one sleeps, breaths or digests food but they do come into play. I hope this help you. And hopefully somebody else in this community will bring even more light upon this subject.

~billk~
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/03/10, 06:27 AM

check this site out:
http://exercise.about.com/health/exercise/library/blank_calorie_calculator.htm

what I usually do is add cardio if I want to loose weight keeping my meals the same
bore
bore
United States
2001/03/15, 03:44 AM
Whn you lift you burn calories, when you sleep you burn calories, everything you do you burn calories. You should do 10 minutes of cardio for warm up, do your weights, cool down for 10 minutes. Then do your daily stuff, and then do 40 minutes of cardio in the evening. That will help you burn your calories.
Good Luck

Rob