Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

When will my upper body grow?

Krim
Krim
United States
2005/11/26, 03:11 PM
I'm 17, 5'7, 154lbs. I have a fairly small upper body, but it doesn't normally look too small because i've built up decent muscle. If i didn't have muscle i'd probably look like very small. However i do walk a bit like a bodybuilder because while i'm not extremely jacked or anything i do have quite a bit of muscle for my size.

when doing squats or anything of that sort, my upper body can be seen without much muscle around it, and it makes me not wanna do squats anymore because it's damn small...the ribcage itself is small i mean, there are skinny people who are wider then me(i mean wider sideways, left to right not front to back).

when do you think my bones will grow to a decent size so i will look bigger and will be able to build more muscle?
2005/11/26, 06:36 PM
are u training enough of your other muscles?

pull ups? dips? rows? inclin bench press? close grip bench press? military presses? deadlifts?

all these exercises help u get bigger as a whole...and don't stop squatting, it helps u get bigger in other lifts...
Krim
Krim
United States
2005/11/27, 03:10 PM
didn't mean to imply i do squats alot, was just using that as an example because when ya do squats the muscle on the sides kinda goes back so you see the ribcage n stuff.

yeah i do all of the stuff you mentioned, split workout 4 days a week, pretty decent diet...muscle size isn't the problem, it's the small bones.