Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

my body

imgrtful
imgrtful
United States
2005/07/30, 09:51 AM
hey all,i have a question that has been bothering me.my chest has always been sunk in further than my belly.i uploaded 2 pictures to my profile to see what im talking about.i may change one of them later to a side view.and no matter how hard i seem to train or lose pounds/inches on my waist,i still have a belly that sticks out further than my gut.when i started in feb 05' i was 225lbs and wearing a 34-36 waist pants.now im 195 and a 30-32 waist pants.what i want to know is,will my chest ever catch up and pass my belly?thanks
dany487
dany487
United States
2005/07/30, 01:37 PM
I think i prolly have something like that but my stomach is farther out because my ribs come out a bit too much, a little farther than my chest so i have been gaining some weight on my chest hopping that it will even it out a bit. So im working on my chest a lot now, ive had some weight gain but i still dont have a big enough chest. I used to have a completely flat chest so its going to take me a while.
imgrtful
imgrtful
United States
2005/07/30, 03:07 PM
thats what im battling.if i suck in my gut you can see where my ribs stick out at the top.i have never had a chest and now im starting to get somewhat of one.i went like 3 weeks doing chest only,but thats all i could take of neglecting the rest.
dany487
dany487
United States
2005/08/02, 10:05 PM
I just do a rutine work out, dont really work out my chest only 2 times a week like every other muscle. Has anione been able to hide the ribs? :cool: I dont wanna look like this all the time.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/08/04, 09:48 AM
Only way to hide the ribs is to lose the fat and build your abs/obliques and chest. I seem to have a wide ribcage, so as I lose more fat the ribs show more. However on the same note as you lose more fat you're losing it inside as well...crowded in there between your organs...my guess is as you melt that fat away the ribcage might close up a bit more (could be wrong on this). Otherwise as MOS stated make sure you're working out your entire body to spark growth and consistency. But what I do for my chest is add an extra set of reps. Meaning where I do 3 sets of everything else I usually do 4 of chest. Slowly getting some developement in that area.
imgrtful
imgrtful
United States
2005/08/05, 07:46 AM
i work one body part per day per week.i usually go to the gym 6 days a week.one day is strickly cv only.i also work out at home on mon,wed,and fri nights.i do weighted crunches every other day.on those days i do cv.and i dont think it was 3 weeks of chest only.more like 1,maybe 1 1/2.but it felt like 3.lol.......i dont take supplements and started taking a lunch to work with me.2 samwiches and lots of fruit.im in florida and its freakin hot,so the fruits are an essential part of my day.i go to the gym at 5 am and right after my workout i get a protien shake.i may get a protien bar for a snack later on,but mainly its my normal lunch.i had to stop doing cv every day because i started dropping pant sizes to much.when i started losing weight i was in a 38 inseam.im now in a 32,but when i was running on the machine every day,32's started sagging on me.my wife said thats it.shes not gonna be married to a stick....lol.........so i now do them every other day for 30 min.