Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Lost alot of thickness in my arms

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2005/07/22, 11:39 PM
I havent been to freetrainers in a long time. I was recently browsing and saw a post by netshark i believe and it was about feeling as if his training was useless. Well i got a kick out of it because im in a similar situation. In the middle of april, i got my own room and started working a job. The job was right down the street from my room i was staying. It was convenient because i didnt have a license. But that meant i coudlnt get to the gym. I was living in this room from about april 10th till about june 24th, within that time, i was lucky if i could get to the gym once or twice a within ten days. Sometimes id go two full weeks withouht lifting. Also, the job that i work is a fast food restuarant, so like netshark's situation, i only get one break, and after that i have to go some 4 hrs withouht food. Im either on the cash register or, Im cleaning, so i do carry boxes and take out trash too, burning calories. They wont let me sneak powerbars either, i tried it before i even looked at this thread. My arms have lost so much thickness, i mean theyve always been a weak point, but now theyre horrible. Im not just talking bis/tris, but forearms as well. (I recently had my first bodybuilding competion in may and it turned out pretty well.) Ive come a long way since the picture u see here. ( that was last year, and i wasnt even looking like a bodybuilder. I will get the new ones up soon). So now its July 22, and ive been back in the gym for about a month. I still work my fast food job so have to go soem hours without food, but i do lift weights at least. Funny thing is, the scale says im back to my normal weight i was before, i seem to be stronger than ever in some lifts (deadlifted 390), i feel like my legs are making progress, but my arms seem to be shrinking. Sometimes i feel like ive lost alot of size in my whole body, or like im just "small", i know 168 isnt that big. But arms in particular, i feel like ive lost all the size ive built up in them, now they look like little sticks. This is eating me alive. The thing i dont understand is, that im in the gym 5 days a week, busting my ass. Normally it takes me one or two workouts to notice progress in my legs or some other ares. But i seriously dont think my arms are growing. I dont know! What should i do?
gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2005/07/23, 07:06 PM
right so you have lost thickness in your arms ok :) ok the best way to think of it is that you wernt happy with them before so its timke to try something different with your arms i found biceps and triceps are my speciality with doin martial arts i found the best way to shape them and increase size is just to use the cables and dumbells also in your curls try changing the way you so them so first set of 15 have your palm horizontal the second 15 do it with them vertical like you are going to punch someone also try changing the speed you actually perform curls so try slow up fast down slow up slow down and fast up slow down this is great. also try wrist curls as many people overlook the importance of strong wrists and forearm strength in my opinion the forearm is just as important as it is probably the part that will fail first in your arm.