Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Guys and Yoga

SurfsUp86
SurfsUp86
United States
2005/07/22, 09:12 PM
I was wodering if there are any guys in here who do Yoga on a regular basis. I always saw it as a girly type of exersise but recently a female friend cajoled me into going to a class and now ive even signed up for one its great for total body fitness but i was just wondering what the general male opinion on yoga is.
2005/07/24, 04:09 AM
dude being a man...is not giving a %^$% about what anybody else thinks and being confident in yourself and your decision making...do you like it? then do it...I have yoga center 2 blocks from me, and I see plenty of men there as I pass by....it's a great way to train often neglected area of physical fitness...flexibility...
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2005/07/24, 03:19 PM
you should do it for definate, i did it for the duration of a summer last year whilst i could do it outside, then for some reason i stopped. its a really good thing to do, relaxing, but taxing. what a rhyme.

--------------
driving to eat a carvel cake
GuyIncognito
GuyIncognito
United States
2005/07/24, 03:26 PM
My younger brother did yoga and it really improved his health and helped his martial arts through the improved flexibility - he enjoyed it too. He reckons the exercise feels really good when you're doing it and it's relaxing. They ran yoga classes in the office I used to work in when I lived in London. We had a sports hall, gym and pool room in the basement of our office (I miss that office!) and some of the other fellas I worked with went to the classes too.

I agree with menace, live your life as you seee fit and nuts to what anyone else thinks - if you live your life with constant reference to what other people may or may not think of you, you become little more than a slave.

If you like yoga, do it. It will improve your flexibility & make you fitter.

--------------
Homer? I know no Homer - my name is Guy Incognito

You\\'re just a little soul bearing up a corpse as Epictetus used to say.