Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

14 yr old .. needs HELP!!

GodsGirl09
GodsGirl09
United States
2005/06/12, 10:15 PM
Man, do i need help. I've tried diets and i either got to depressed and turned to food again, or got fed up about a month after i started because they wern't working. Its really hard going through school on a diet because people make fun of you. I want to do some hardcore weight losing this summer ...any advice?
- Abby -
PoolMaster1990
PoolMaster1990
United States
2005/06/12, 11:09 PM
well.. if you're going to go on a food binge you might want to try having fruits or veggies instead of junk food... even if the junk food may taste better... fruits and veggies make your stomach just as full and give you more nutrients... also you should try to join a gym and work out & do some cardio (running, swimming).. Remember results take time and they dont just appear right in front of you! Losing weight the 1st couple weeks is the easiest.. after that try a diet that youll lose only 2-3 lbs a week(healthiest).. i hope this helps!

--------------
~If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
2005/06/13, 02:26 AM
focus on smaller portions, a handful of a healthy snack(celery/carrot sticks, nuts, yogurt, cheese)...and about a handful of veggies, meat(chicken, meat, eggs, etc), and starchy carb(yams, sweet potatoes, lentils, beans, etc) for a meal....

eat 8-10 meals/snacks a day

drink about a gallon of water a day....no soda, juices, etc...you may drink tea...

aim for lower fat cuts of meats....
aim for complex carbs(yams, sweet potatoes, kashi, oats, beans)
also try to eat some healthy fats from avacadoes, flax oil, virgin olive oils, etc...

Also you must remember also you can lose weight through nutrition faster than with exercise....combining the two will improve the results and allow you to stick with your new lifestyle.....

don't cut calories by more than 500....or your metabolism will crash and you'll be storing calories as fat even when u eat very little....
PoolMaster1990
PoolMaster1990
United States
2005/06/13, 07:01 AM
i think his idea sounds alot better than mine lol:surprised:

--------------
~If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/13, 08:00 AM
being 14 years old, i wouldnt worry about dieting.. it could compromise your development. just focus on healthy eating, according to menace's post.. staying away from high fat/high sugar foods (ie fast food, pop, candy, etc.) will be the best for you in the overall run.