Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Lose weight and train for Soccer tryouts

dpond2k2
dpond2k2
United States
2005/06/05, 10:17 PM
I'm 15 year old girl and i weigh a lot more than i should weigh.I'm pretty muscular but i weigh between 170 and 180 which is a lot.Well i would like to lose between 20 and 30 pounds by September 10th(before school starts again).ANd i would like to lose about 50-60 pounds by next spring. I wanted to know if anybody had tips on how i can accomplish this.I'm a picky eater and i usually don't eat the best of foods but i'm trying to cut down on sweet stuff and junk food, I'm eating more natural less processed foods.So any nutritional tips would help.I have no problem with the exercise aspect of this.I would also like to know if anyone can help me with tips on how to train and get in shape for soccer tryouts in late august( i have a little less than 3 months). Thank you :):dumbbell:

--------------
Much Love,Peace-Deloreen (DOP)
2005/06/06, 02:48 AM
check out nutrition section...cut calories by no more than 500 calories through diet and exercise....which should be 4 lb loss every month.....

do full body weight lifting 3 times a week.....check out freetrainers for a routine

to lose weight....do cardio....run 30-60 minutes 4 days a week....or if you have good endurance...set goals in terms of distances...5 miles a day or 20 miles in a week...so 4 days of 5 miles(this is just an example...you can start with 0.5 mile, 1 mile, etc...whatever you're comfortable with...just try to increase speed/distance at least every other workout to push yourself).....sprints are very effective....so is interval training....
dpond2k2
dpond2k2
United States
2005/06/06, 04:08 PM
Thanks for ur advice Menace:), i'm not a fan off running for long periods of tim but i'm thinking of going for jogs in the mornings before I work(I have a summer job). I'll get to do lots off running and exercise because i'll be a camp counselor this summer.Well if any one can help me with Soccer that would be gretaly appreciated. Tryouts have been move from August to the first day of school in Spetember.There will also be pre-season training starting 2 weeks before tryouts so i can get help form the coach then.Does anyone know if swimming is a good cardio exercise for a long time i've heard it was but the other day i saw an article saaying it wasn't a good form of cardio for exercise.

--------------
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/06, 08:39 PM
your not a fan of running? But you wanna play soccer?

Hun you in the wrong sport.....

--------------
gravity is not a law, only a obstacle
dpond2k2
dpond2k2
United States
2005/06/06, 08:49 PM
I never said i didn't like running,I don't like running for that long at once, sprinting and running and then stopping or whatever is fine.I just don't like running for an hour straight.Well i'm most likely gonna tryout to be a defender so there's not as much running involved as if i were a striker or forward.

--------------
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/06, 09:22 PM
Either way.....depending on how good the soccer team is......defense could be used alot......if your strikers are terrible.....then they wil be getting the ball taking away alot...therefore you will be "geting the heat" alot.

I played for a few months, my coach actually liked have the "bigger" guys on defense.......may not be as fast... but we can use are size as shields and as intimadation...which is just as good somtimes.

I was 240lbs when I played.....for my schools jv team.....when the strikers came at me......I just ran full sped at them.... like a bull...or got beside them and gently used by body weight to run them off the ball,9 times outta 10 I got the ball......just by intimidation then passed it to somone who was faster........coach knew I wasn't the fastest......so he told me not to go past half field.....

Howeve ryou still need to be able to sprint, and move quickly.....to follow the ball and keep up with the strikers.

As menace said.....jogs, running, sprints all will help. I'd also add in some running stairs......also running, then stoping and changing directions, stoping changing directions........you do this alot in soccer. Jogging or running backwards, sideways help too.

Don't matter what posistion you are......you will be running. Might as well start now......

--------------
gravity is not a law, only a obstacle