Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

My Diet, what else do I need

mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/03, 06:35 PM
First off, I take a multi-vitamin every morning along with fish oil 1000 mg. For breakfast, 2 cups black coffee, either 2 patty sausage's or link. Lunch, either salmon, ground beef patty, and some type of green, salad, ect. afternoon snack, protein bar. Dinner. White chicken breast, or bacon and eggs, beef, steak and of course greens.
What else are some good snacks in the day? Now I work out of my truck a lot, so my lunches are on the go are very quick. Am I getting the protein I need out of those meals, to gain muscle mass. Or should I boil some eggs to take along with me during the day. I'm also on whey protein and creatine. What do you all think?

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/03, 07:52 PM
sounds like your diet is pretty high in fat.. sausages, ground beef, bacon.. try to stick to very lean cuts of these, or go for chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.

make sure to separate your coffee and creatine intake.. there is some research proving that these counteract each other, but separate them by a few hours and you should be fine

in the morning, i would get some carbs into you.. these will be beneficial after a long night fast. oatmeal can be made quick, or a bowl of high fibre cereal, whole wheat bread, etc.

i would get some more fibrous carbs as well.. brown rice, yams, etc. with lunch and dinner in addition to the greens..

as long as you are hitting your daily protein intake values, you should be fine. cottage cheese is great if you can find the time to eat it, same with egg whites (maybe with breaky.. only takes me 15 mins for oatmeal/egg whites in the morning). hope some of this helps..
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/03, 09:01 PM
bropie, yes you are a big help my man. As far as coffee goes, 2 cups a day, but none after 11 a.m. I take my creatine after lunch. I'm more active after lunch.I do eat a lot of turkey and tuna, I forgot to say that. I also will eat sweet potatoes for lucnh some days. Any more help let me know. Thanks

--------------
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/04, 09:49 AM
Thats when I take my creatine. Most days I take 5 grams, 30 minutes before workout and 5 after workout.

--------------
dvelswk
dvelswk
United States
2005/06/09, 11:36 PM
For snack during the day you could eat a tuna packet, I think starkist packets have 32g protein, 0g carbs, and 2.5g fat. I agree with bropie though, try to get less fat on your diet, or atleast grease (bacon/sausage).