Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

help please

xxgracexx
xxgracexx
United States
2005/04/12, 07:22 PM
i have bulemia...ive tried to keep it a secret for a whil ebut recently on eof my friends found out and she told my mom..she has it herself an dis currently recieveing treatment..my mom confronted me on it today and im trying to think of what to tell her..im not sure whats happenieng, its like my life isalmost out of control now an di need help. why do i feel like suck a bad person? why do i feel like ive dissapointed my pearents? and why am i doing this to myself? please help me...
imolax
imolax
Canada
2005/04/12, 11:39 PM
Those are the questions that I think every bulimic asks herself at one point or another. If you want to hear the good news, YOU'RE on the right track! The fact that you are not in denial, the fact that you want to take control, are already good signs. The key now is to figure out WHY you want to get better and HOW you can do it. It could be setting up a buddy system with your mom to eat meals, do exercise etc. (this is too hard to do with friends most of the time); it could be keeping a food diary, not lieing, and showing it to your mom or a councellor every few days. You have to re-learn what "normal" eating is for you. With time, things will get better. It took a long time to get to this point and the road back may be even longer, but YOU CAN DO IT!
krystal_reeves
krystal_reeves
United States
2005/05/24, 04:01 AM
Please be careful I was a bulimic when I was younger and I ended up putting myself into the hospital. I almost died.