Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Help an anorexic

ianakers
ianakers
United States
2005/03/31, 08:01 PM
i know this girl shes been on a diet eating she claims about 500-600 calories a day. i know this is unhealthy but i dont know how to help her. she doesnt want to believe what i tell her. And i was also wondering if this would be considered anorexic
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/03/31, 09:32 PM
http://www.gurze.net/site12_5_00/links_helpful.htm
Check out the above link. There are many helpful oranizations and ideas.
Good luck.

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 06:22 PM
Well honestly I can't do much to help her. I understand what she's going through..Countless people did that same for me..but you just live in denial, you don't want to admit what you are doing is bad. It's like being condemned for what society wants you to be. People start looking down on you for trying to be what they want you to be....Just don't leave her...believe me it will hurt her more than you can imagine. But keep telling her it's not good, subtly and kindly, not harsh yelling-that will only lead to scars.

All my love:love:,
Ashley.
Colorsofmyheart
Colorsofmyheart
United States
2005/05/31, 11:12 AM
Well, I've had my days where I just didn't feel like eating. My friends noticed and went biserk. I can see why you're worried, but truthfully, if you try to help her too much, she'll just completely ignore you. Maybe talk to a doctor or a school guidance counseler. That's what my friends did for me..yet I had this lady watching me eat everyday for a week. :surprised:Oh well, good luck.
Colorsofmyheart
Colorsofmyheart
United States
2005/05/31, 11:32 AM
^^ I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help. But, if you tell numerous people in your school it will spread fast, and it will make your friend even worse. If you decide to tell a guidance counseler/vice prinical/teacher, pick someone who will help. At one point my friends physically made me eat because they didn't know what else to do, and mind you, that's not very fun, having yogurt shoved in your mouth. And I don't even like yogurt! :(My friends chose the wrong one and she made it worse for me. I'm back to eating normal, but I still want to lose weight. (Note, the reason I signedup for this site)
I hope everything works out for you and her in the long run. Don't push her too hard. Good luck.
:love:
rocstar143
rocstar143
United States
2005/07/31, 11:54 PM
http://associatedcontent.com/content.cfm?content_type=article&content_type_id=6335

here is an article i found on the anorexic sites...i hope it helps