Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Motivation

italian_boxer
italian_boxer
Canada
2005/03/26, 01:54 AM
im a lifter and love it but the cardio is boring and i have NOOO MOTIVATION to run what can i do? anyone suggest anything?
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2005/03/26, 06:56 AM
Get some motivation

--------------
I was 17 years old the first time my father told me he loved me.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/03/26, 08:26 AM
i find doing cardio, esp. running or biking, at a steady pace incredibly boring too, so i typically do interval training. Do a 3-5 minute warmup at a decent pace to get your heart rate going, then you can try a 15-20 minute hard workout of 20 s sprints as hard as you can, followed by 40s rests (if you in a building muscle stage). If you are trying to gain definition, change it up to 45 s sprints and 1 minute 30 s rests. Follow this with a 3-5 min cooldown.
You can also try this with changing incline. Following your warmup, set the speed to half your max (im using treadmill as an example) and at an incline of 3% and run for 20 - 30s. Then return to a zero incline for 30 s. Repeat this sequence at 5% and 7%, and do about 8-10 repetitions of it if you can.
You can also do interval training with a tv. Say your watching a b-bal game, and whenever the clock stops, bump your pace up to about 80% effort. When the game comes back on, go back to a normal jog.
You can also do "negative splits". Start your workout at a jog or decent pace, and every quarter mile or press the speed button. You can do this for any interval, but be sure to cooldown after.
Use a heart rate monitor to keep you on track. You can also try making cd's or loading up your mp3 player with "pump me up" songs, I find these really help. I dunno, you can be really inventive with cardio, its good to shock your body rather than just going at a steady pace. These techniques really help speed the time along, and before you know it, your a sweaty heap and done for the day :)