Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

new looking for help with meals

justagurl
justagurl
Canada
2005/03/22, 07:25 PM
i am 21. i have been struggling with anorexia for 5 yrs. and purging for just over a year. i am 5'4" and 96lbs. i have recently started eating a bit more, just over 1000 calories when i can manage that.

i have problems with what i call binges. i go straight for carbs and sugary foods..i'll just keep eating. i can't tell if i am hungry, or bored, so i'll just eat.

i try to do sum pilates a little everyday..mostly its 1 to 2000 jumping jacks, 400 crunches and other stretches..sum days i also walk up to 4-5 hours.

i am trying to deal with how my body is changing. it's hard. i want to learn how to eat healthier and stop going for sugary foods. i know i still don't eat as much as i should, but it's the best i can do for now.

i need sum help with meal plans..if sumone could help me that would b great..thanks.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/03/22, 08:41 PM
Welcome to freetrainers justagurl. Glad to see you are beginning to change your eating habits.
Like you said you are trying to increase your calories, you must try and get up to around 1500 per day. Thats not far from where you are now, but take it slow as you are not use to that amount yet. To get the 500 more devide it up by 5 times a day so it is a bit easier. Try going for foods with protein and complex carbs.
Here is a link to some organizations that you may or may not already know, where you can get some good info.
Good Luck to you.
http://www.gurze.net/site12_5_00/links_helpful.htm

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2005/03/23, 05:38 AM
You are getting the impulse to binge because you are not eating enough - it is your body's response to starvation. If you increase your intake, as carivan suggested, the impulse to binge should lessen

good luck.
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 01:40 PM
Hello and wecome, I'm new too, I'm looking for some help as well...Best of luck to you and your exercise routine sounds brutal..I mostly bike for three hours, mainly up hill...I have a thing for pain I guess..I really hope you reach all of your goals :big_smile: you deserve it.
sivysivy
sivysivy
United States
2005/04/11, 01:39 AM
Fruits and Veggies are always good.
imolax
imolax
Canada
2005/04/12, 11:47 PM
The key to eating well is to NOT DEPRIVE YOURSELF. A lot of delicious, healthy and satisfying foods are a lot lower in calories than you may think. Don't be afraid of cheeses, whole grain bread, meat, and even some sauces. They give you long lasting energy without making you bloated like veggies or hungry like empty carbs. The idea is to cut back on the exercise (IT MAKES YOU MORE HUNGRY!!), and eat more of the healthy things you have blacklisted, and maybe blacklist your sugary sweets instead.