Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Stay healthy at summer camp

hemp17
hemp17
United States
2005/03/19, 12:33 AM
Ok i was recently accepted to be a counselor at a summer camp which starts the beginning of June. Problem one, the food there is well, when you are cooking for lots of people nutrition isnt what comes to mind they do have salad and fruit but im wondering how i can be some what healthy. And problem number two, there is no where to do "floor" exercises (i know all about spot treatment but i do do things to help with abs and butt and add into my regulare exercises)....at least i dont think so. If you could help with either one that would be great..or if i need to be more specific i can try :big_smile:

--------------
If the whole world were like you there would be no you.
2005/03/19, 11:22 PM
is there a way they could cook using sweet potatoes/yams/brown race(instead of potatoes or pasta)...great choices for carbs....if you got a microwave you can buy those things and cook them for yourself...they take minutes to make....and store pretty well...

trail mix/nuts/soy nuts/dry fruits...are awesome when you're on the go...

cans of tuna are good....great source of protein and can store anywhere and 35g per of protein per can...

one legged squats(do it near a wall for support), one legged deadlifts(near a wall for support), push ups(1 or 2 arm)...sit ups....pull ups....curls using milk carton....or extensions...

hemp17
hemp17
United States
2005/03/27, 02:17 PM
ok thanks. i think they have a microwave there so that could work. and the dried fruit is an awesome suggestion (im adicted to fruit). too bad i dont like tuna though :)
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/03/27, 04:12 PM
Buy some excersise bands and a ball, target has a pack of 3 different resistance bands, and handels......for like 20 bucks........running ,jogging, hiking all good for you as well. Just try and maintian muscle mass. Might not be stronger when you leave camp.....might loose 10 lbs or so of body fat. :big_smile:

--------------
" The only true eye, is your minds eye"- plato
hemp17
hemp17
United States
2005/04/04, 04:25 PM
oh i know ill get the cardio in. running after kids will get it enough not to mention oh the activities we do...but 20 bucks aint much so i think ill look into that

--------------
If the whole world were like you there would be no you.

If you tell the truth you dont have to remember anything.

Eagels may soar but wessels dont get caught in jet engines.