Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

advice

lillienrose
lillienrose
United States
2005/01/22, 08:38 PM
I have a friend who im worried about. She is severly overweight by about 100 pounds and she's only 13.. (no this is not about me) she is a bread,pasta,sugar fanatic. She says herself that she knows she needs to do something. I gave her a few suggestions but shes not taking me to seriously. Her mom cooks all the time really high in fat and carbs,calorie foods. Also shes not big into excersise/sports.. Any advice/ideas i can tell her or any food changes she could try?
Thanks

--------------
~Mindy
Worlds Unanswered questions- Whats another word for thesaurus? Why do they call the small candy bars fun sizes? Do bald people get dandruff? (lol no offense)
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/01/22, 11:47 PM
thing is about health and excercising, no matter what you do or say......you can't make them, if there mind set isn't there.

My mom for instance I tell her all the time, to eat healthier and try to excercise cause she complains about being overweight. She thinks adkins or whatever will do the trick.

moral is, unfortunally theres nothing you can do, she may devolope heart problems or somthing, or cholesteral problems etc. That may be her kick in the ass to make a life style change.

--------------
My drinking squad, has a cheerleading problem!!
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2005/01/23, 10:14 PM
cant do anything for her if she doesnt want to change
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/01/24, 05:08 AM
keep trying, if its a friend of yours, I am sre if you persistent, they will eventually listen to you..
hang in there

Raj
Gskin
Gskin
United States
2005/01/28, 10:23 AM
Try to gradually help her begin a healthy life. Introduce her to your healthy eating habits 1 meal at a time. If she like fatty foods, she likes a lot a flavor. Try lower carb meals that are flavorful. Grilled and broiled foods instead of fried.

Her biggest hurdle seems to be food prepared a home. If you do convince her to do better, she inturn will have to convincer her mother to change the menu.