Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Bulemia

Kirsty101
Kirsty101
United Kingdom
2005/01/17, 10:18 AM
I have had bulemia for over 2 years now and have decided that I can't keep going on like this. It doesn't matter how much or how little I eat I keep making myself sick! It is difficult to find others in my situation or get help as I live in a very small community. I feel it must be difficult for anyone else to understand because I look a normal weight.
Thanks for listening.

Kenyon
Kenyon
United States
2005/01/17, 01:02 PM
Hey...I understand how you feel. I have been the same way for about 2 years. It is very upsetting because I hate the feeling of food in my stomach, I feel huge, and then do not want to be around people. It is a very difficult way of life. I have recently bought a lot of fitness magazines and read up a lot about nutrition and have become very motivated to change my ways. I am really going to try to do it. Try to get healthy, the way we do is no way to live. We need to get that through our heads. Not only is it embarassing, but very dangerous. And if you are like me you are probably saying "I dont care, it is better than being fat.." but then I look at all the fitness girls and realize they look a lot better than I do, so I am going to try their healthy ways...WE CAN DO IT!!! You have to make the decision though...
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/02/10, 10:53 AM
JK whats the matter with you :angry:
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/02/10, 10:53 AM
If you can't add anything positive to the forums, don't post.
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/02/11, 04:20 AM
Ivan
this makes me look like the bad guy :big_smile:
skalb1
skalb1
United States
2005/02/14, 09:04 PM
Hi, I have been bulemic for 17 yrs now. It doesnt matter how little I eat. It wont even stay down now. I dont even force myself to throw up any more. All I have to do is burp. I hate being this way. I cant afford to be hospitalized for it and my family doesnt understand it. My husband thinks I should just be able to quit at any time. The harder I try not to do it, the more depressed I get and the more I end up eating and the whole cycle begins again. My marriage is on the rocks because of it. My huband cant even kiss me anymore. My children hate me for it. I dont know what to do.
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2005/02/15, 07:35 AM
skalb1, you need to get the help of a professional. Talk to your regular physician or a mental health professional.

--------------
Anni

In my head, I am out of my mind....
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/15, 07:44 AM
Yes, skalb1 Please talk to a professional. I feel the desperation in your post.
skalb1
skalb1
United States
2005/02/16, 09:13 AM
what do you do if you cant afford professional help? we are on limited income. My insurance is only good in my area for certain doctors, and the hours they councel people are only during the day when I cant afford to take off work. Some how I have to stop being addicted to carbs so I can stop overeating and feeling like I am going to be sick. I use food to comfort me when I am out of control. Its the addiction that I cant overcome. If I could somehow stop wanting the carbs. Then maby I could somehow control the eating. They should invent a pill that would make people not want to eat carbs. Its like once you have a taste then you cant quit eating it. Like kristy 101 I too look a normal weight and people dont understand why its so hard to be "normal".
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2005/02/16, 09:18 AM
I guess you will have to decide whether or not it's important to get help. You have health insurance that will pay for the services so when you decide to get help, pull out the card and use it.

--------------
Anni

In my head, I am out of my mind....
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 01:50 PM
I agree with not posting if you can't add something positive..I mean, grow up..no one needs that.

But, being that I can relate, what if you don't have insurance? and you just..can't tell your parents? and even if you could they couldn't pay for you to get help?

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you want and what you need.
goody2shoes2795
goody2shoes2795
United States
2005/06/03, 12:40 PM
I have been bulimic for a year off and on. I have only told my friend Marin. I have turned against God through out this year. I feel like he could make me happy if he wanted me to be happy.
nikkilind
nikkilind
United States
2005/06/03, 01:25 PM
Kirsty/Kenyon/Skalb/Goody,

After struggling with bullemia for the last 8-10 years of my life (I'm 28), I can say I am in recovery - b/p free - since January of this year. I didn't want counseling on it, I wanted to do it on my own.

There is nothing I could say here to adequately express what I've been though with this. Getting over it has been one of the things you look back at being a milestone in your life, a life-change event. Of course for the better. A move to start living again.

I've always been pretty obsessive about my looks and used food and throwing up to "manage" my emotions (esp fear). I am also an over-achiever which is also a personality characteristic of the disorder. I was a good student, graduated with several impressive degrees in a short amount of time, and was a College Student Senator and then Academic VP for Student Govt all at the same time of holding a 3/4 time job in banking.

Bullemia is extremely dangerous when it reaches the level of throwing up to feel better emotionally about yourself. It of course is an extremely damaging act, both physically and emotionally. Look at Terry Schaivo.

I'd be so happy to talk with any of you. If you'd like to, email me if you want to talk. My email is nikki_m_lindgren@yahoo.com

As I'm sure those involved with it know, it's emotionally difficult (seemingly devastating at times) to admit to, and I guess I'm still feeling a little shy to talk here in a public forum. I'm a private person. Congratulations on stepping forward, it is indeed is the first move to recovery. At least it was for me.

:love:Much love,
:love:
Nikki

--------------
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. - Benjamin Disraeli