Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

I CAN'T START

ajrobin
ajrobin
United States
2004/12/31, 07:40 PM
I have a naturally high metabolism and I look good... But I have never been active. I really WANT to start eating better and working out... Mostly to give myself more energy, minus caffiene and other stimulants... I know what I have to do, but I haven't started... I don't know if I am afraid or what... But I just can't get to the gym or stop eating cheeseburgers... Any advice?
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/12/31, 07:57 PM
dont be afraid... go ahead.
it is hard the first time, it will be ez later but get started. everything else will come by its own
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/31, 08:07 PM
well if you look "good", then why bother? Your already perfect?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

ajrobin
ajrobin
United States
2005/01/04, 11:52 PM
:surprised: I hope that you weren't being sarcastic bigandrew. I was by no means saying I was perfect. I just meant that I have good genes, I am not perfect. I am naturally slender, but not in good shape... I get tired walking up a flight of stairs. There is more to fitness than looking good. :dumbbell:
CirqueStar
CirqueStar
United States
2005/01/04, 11:56 PM
Well you could do what I did... I got a big peice of paper and made a work out schedual on it. (ex Mon: arms and abs of steel tape.. Tues walk 30 mins...ect) then I taped it in the living room where I would have to look at it all the time. Also if you plan what you will eat ahead of time I've found its easier to stick to a healthy diet....

hope that helped...
crispy01
crispy01
United States
2005/01/06, 10:51 AM
You just have to make yourself do it. Fitness is a committment, and it is going to be very hard to get started on the road. And in the beginning it may be pretty tough to stay on it. But if you make the committment and tough it out, it is very enjoyable, you will look forward to working out, and prefer to eat healthy than your old way. You will have a new and better lifestyle. So put down the cheeseburger and get to the gym. It will definitely be worth it. Good Luck!
crispy01
crispy01
United States
2005/01/06, 10:56 AM
Also it may make it a little easier for you if you surround yourself with people with the same goals. Talk to your friends and get them involved. Instead of going to a movie, go to the gym or play some basketball. It is difficult to stay on track when you are the only one.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/01/06, 10:57 AM
sorry to be a hard ass again but........sounds like you just dont' wanan do it cause its too much work...to change. This is what sets the "real people" who wanna better them selves.......and the peopel who make a "resolution" to get in the gym and give up in 2 months. Only person stoping your ass from being in the gym, is YOURself.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

ajrobin
ajrobin
United States
2005/01/06, 10:30 PM
HEY GUESS WHAT? I went to the gym today... Finally gave up the excuses. I think that getting to the gym has more to do with getting it into your routine than being too hard or being too lazy... It is also hard when you are uncomfortable in the gym with weights and if you are out of shape and it is obvious it is hard to take that step. You guys all offer great advice...
I have been avoiding fast food, and I took the first step to the gym today... Two of my best friends are fitness pros so they are going to help me when they get back in town.
Thanks for being there as motivation!
crispy01
crispy01
United States
2005/01/07, 09:43 AM
Great Job robin. It feels excellent once you take that first step towards your goal doesn't? Stick with it and come back here whenever you need some more motivation.