Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Carb intake, etc...

roopak
roopak
India
2004/12/02, 03:14 PM
Wondering...

I'm 164/5'9". Aiming for definition. Work out 5 x/wk including 400+calorie burning cardio every time.

Dietary intake:
220- 250 g Protein
100-120g carb (recently cut form 175g).

Is my carb intake too low for what I want to achieve? Basically, I want to cut my body fat down seriously. I don't have much but there is some loose fat around around the stomach.

Justin, you were right about the abs. I learnt the hard way...I damaged my right sartorial muscle and was out of action for about 3 weeks. And you were wondering about why I have to be lean, etc for Jan. I'm going to be an actor in India...so you have ample opportunity to get your shirt off in Jan too. The Hindi film industry is full of guys who look great without their shirts and I don't wanna be one of the ones who don't.

I've lost about 4 lbs in the past 5 days by reducing carbs. Want a 6 pack to be visible. Is this carb intake too low (fruit, juice and a bowl of cereal) for too long?

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/03, 12:53 PM
Seems low to me, at 164 at 5'9 thats pretty lean, least it sounds it to me.......I mean what you wanan be 130? with a 6 pack? Unfortunally I don't think everyone can get the "cheseled" 6 pack you see in modles, and body builders, only like 5 to 10% of the population has the genetics to look like that. Persoanlly if i'm gonna be an actor, i'd rather start my own genre, and not try to be like everyone else.

Actors get their roles cause they are good at what they do, action stars... yes.. need a descent body....but I mean look at keanu reeves in matrix, he's not big, not ripped to shreds? He was good in that role, cause he played bascily an average guy.

Jim Carry is good at what he does cause he's funng, same with eddie murphy. Will smith has a descent body, but he can act as well.

Cause different movies require different things, some people need ot gain weight for certain roles, Micheal clark duncan, is like 300 lbs, he needed to gain weight to play "kingpin" in Daredevil. For ben afflick they added extra "peck padding" to the suit to make him look more" superheroy" cause i guess he chest couldn't get bigger.

Its gonna come down to acting....not weither or not you have a 6 pack.

But try carb cycling.....
1st day have 150 carbs total that day
2nd day have 100 carbs
3rd day take in 300or so( to refuel glcogen stores, so your not buring muscle)
4th day go down to 150
5th down to 100
6th 300 carbs
7th 150
1st 100
2nd 300
etc.

***this is ONLY AN EXAMPLE!*****

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

roopak
roopak
India
2004/12/05, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Andrew. You're right about talent, etc...But it's a bit different in Bollywood. A lot of your success has to with being a sex symbol. Other actors are typecast into very specific roles, which there're less of. Anyway point taken...I'm not looking to be superman...and you're right, I'm pretty lean but it's just that there's still some loose fat covering my abs and I figure cutting carbs and doing more cardio is the only way to get rid of it. What you tell me about genetics playing a major role is pretty interesting. But what's even more interesting is this carb cycling thing you're talking about. Makes sense. I think I'm gonna try it out for a week. Thanks.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/06, 09:56 AM
it'll take longer than a week, to worrk give it amonth or so.....I droped about 2% fat, well according to my goofy scale.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.