Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Boyfriend Trigger Theory

JBenny
JBenny
United States
2004/11/09, 07:03 PM
I wanted to know if there is anyone else out there who had the same problem as I do.
I have a boyfriend who is skinnier than I am. He eats all that he wants, yet never gains an ounce of fat. I know that he thinkd that I should be able to do the same, but that just isn't reality.
Anyway, I tend to be an emotional eater, and when he is around I tend to eat junk food, lots of it.
This is rather embarassing to me, I know I can stop, its just so hard to do. If there is anyone out there who has an idea for an emergancy break for this emotional binge, please impart to me your wisdom.
Thank you,
JBenny
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/09, 09:01 PM
Either find a bigger b/f...j/k.......or excercise instead of eating.

--------------
GO into battle as if was your last, cause thats the only one you loose!
2004/11/10, 03:52 PM
Jbenny why don't you carry healthy snacks and when your bf urges you to eat with him...or whne you are compelled to eat...nuts, maybe nutrition bars, raisins,trail mix, beef jerky, etc....list goes on..

Seems like from your post when you to get together you do sedentary activities....so instead focus on doing physical activies together...outside of the one u thinking of...right now....go jogging, for a walk, join leagues for sports...which will give you even more to have in common..., go swimming, go play tennis, or perhaps any sport you think is fun...being good is unimportant...important part is getting out and doing them....

fsk222
fsk222
Canada
2004/11/14, 09:17 PM
Hey!! I have the same problem! The only thing is my bf is a skier and he travels alot...so I actually don't get to see him too often, but when I do..its disaster. Since he works out for a living..he has nothing to worry about, he trains everyday..and basicly eats whatever he wants.

I've realized that when we get together, I really let myself go and i don't want it to keep happening. I have about a month till I see him again, and I'm trying to get into shape and form some good habits. I think you should start exercising regularly when you are away from him, so that when you do see him...its not so bad if you do cheat and eat something that is not so good.

I know how you feel ..trust me!
Varekai_chick
Varekai_chick
United States
2004/12/11, 08:20 PM
You know, I'd consider it a slightly scary way to motivate you...and I don't mean to be mean...but it might just be enough to work...Why don't you try to imagine your b/f going out with some thin chick whom you hate. Then it's kinda like a competition for his attention and it could be enough to get you to work out and eat right. (I use competitiveness as my motivation because I have a slight superiority complex and I like to be at the top quite often)

P.S. Best of all, it could be a subtle and silent way of taking out your hatred on (enter hated chicks name here) without anybody knowing it. :big_smile:
2004/12/12, 03:02 AM
lol....interesting method