Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

weird times to get hugry

molson2
molson2
United States
2004/10/19, 07:10 PM
Lately I feel like I am constantly thinking about food. I eat breakfast and lunch and usually dinner but by bedtime i need something again. I know its horrible to eat late but i catch myself doing this all the time. Or if I dont sometimes ill wake up at 3 in the morning and end up eating a bowl of cereal. It's really starting to disgust me and I need suggestions on what to do and how to stop. I know when u workout you need to fuel your body more but this late is ridiculous. :angry:
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/10/19, 07:42 PM
nothing wrong with eating late!
I think you'll find that most people on this site will eat just before they go to bed to make sure the body doesn't go into starvation mode.
What you need to eat is something which will slowly release energy overnight such as cottage cheese.
If you're constantly thinking about food, maybe it's because you're not getting enough.
Making sure you have some protein with each meal will also help curb your appetite.

Good luck :)
molson2
molson2
United States
2004/10/19, 09:41 PM
so what sort of protein do you suggest for every meal? Any suggestions for on the go meals or quick ones? Also if I do choose to eat late what else besides cottage cheese is ok? I think i eat enough....im not a calorie counter but my diet is about 1200 calories a day. Sometimes i think i meet that goal and sometimes i dont. I guess as long as im not hungry i dont force myself to eat. But im just fearful with the waking up hungry and eating sometimes im going to start to gain weight. Or even eating lately. I almost want to tape my door shut so i cant leave my room at night :surprised:
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/10/20, 07:23 AM
If you look on the "diet and nutrition" board there is a thread called "grocery list for a bodybuilder". It has a list of good healthy foods regardless of whether your goal is weight loss or bodybuilding.

If you fill out your profile it will be easier to give you more specific advice, but I suspect that 1200 calories is too low.
b_wilcox
b_wilcox
United States
2004/10/20, 09:38 AM
how much do you usually eat in the day? Maybe you are not gettign enough calories and your body is trying to tell you that you need to eat more during the day so you don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night.