Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I broke my wrist and i need to get big

cobratoba12
cobratoba12
United States
2004/10/12, 09:28 PM
im 15 and i broke my wrist severly. I recently got my cast removed. Before it was broken my muscles had a lot of size and definition. It is degrading knowing how strong you were once, and that you can lose a lot of strength in 3 months or so. Should i do anything different than i was before.....should i start eating more or working out more than 3 times per week? i would like some help on this topic:(

--------------
Tobias
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/13, 01:01 PM
IF its col with your doc then you can start workingout again, HOWEVER those bones is going to be weak, and probably same with that arm as well, since most of the arm was in a cast.

IF you haven't already, drink milk 3 4 glasses a day, and when you start working out again go light, Very light, especially stuff that has to do with wrist support, any kind of bench or over head press be careful. Might even wanna get a lil wrist wrap, and every week losen it lil by lil till you don't need it any more.

Again need to consult a doc or sports therapist about this kinda stuff of what not and do do.

It will take some time to get full strength back, 5 months maybe, took me 2 months after I strained my bicep , and 4 months after I sprung my ancle( which was in a splint) Give it time and let your body catch up, don't force it to do what YOU want.:dumbbell:

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/10/15, 10:49 AM
try taking calium pills to get your bones stronger and maybe that'll let you workout better as well
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2004/10/20, 05:49 PM
Coming from personal experience here. I severely fractured my wrist about 2 years ago and it took me right out of weightlifting.

First thing is do NOT under any circumstance do ANY lifting until you are 100% sure that the bone is completely healed. If you do you will just end up screwing yourself.

Second thing to do is go in for physiotherapy if the muscle is stiff, as you will need to strength the wrist again before starting back. If you don't you can end up spraining your muscles because they are weak.

Finally, and this is the most important part. Don't worry about it. It took my wrist almost an entire year to heal and I lost nearly everything I had worked so hard for. One month back to the gym, following a good gaining diet, I was back to where I had left off before my fracture. Two months after that I had shoot past all my old personal records. Muscle memory is an incredible thing!

Take it slow though and don't rush back in. It will all come back to you.

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/10/22, 03:22 PM
wow in just one month you were back in track from a year ago. That's kinda hard to believe. Is that possible?
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2004/10/22, 03:57 PM
I was actually quite shocked (and relieved) at the rapid recovery as well. Seems unbelievable, but hey, I am living proof.

I guess I should probably reword it better though; I was not a big as I was before, but my strength returned in that time frame.

Muscle does keep a memory of where it left off if you take a break. I am actually kind of interested in how muscle memory works. Does anyone here have any idea how my body regained so fast?

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~