Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Irritable Bowel anyone?

McCupcake
McCupcake
Canada
2004/10/08, 12:10 AM
I've been reading alot of of the nutrition options for people who are looking to loose weight and train hard to build muscle. Are there any really great options for people with severe cases of IBS (like myself)?

I can't eat red meat, lots of salt, high sugar foods, fatty goods, gassy foods, fruit juices or refined starches or flours. hahah YUP, so really I can eat oatmeal, fish, low acid fruits and whole wheat bread with lots of lean chicken..:surprised: It's really great...not lol

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even a good suppliment? I take a centrum multi everyday. Any help is greatly appreciated. :love:
McCupcake
McCupcake
Canada
2004/10/08, 05:30 PM
Eek..Guess I'm the only one!
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/10/08, 07:01 PM
omg....what do you eat?

well, to gain muscle you need protein and also to burn fat you need fat and protein...
look for EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) and read what is the best for you: EFA makes you lose fat in between otherfonctions. really goods for your health.

for protein, are the protein shakes bad for you? i am sorry i ant be of much help on this... really dont know... maybe someone can explain... look for yourself too

hope it helps
kakaroto
McCupcake
McCupcake
Canada
2004/10/08, 08:32 PM
lol I eat lots of whole wheat breads, brown rice , oatmeal Veggies and chicken, fish and lots of nuts and seeds. I love trail mix. I also eat lots of pears and banana. I have been looking for more info and its really hard to maintain a balanced diet . I take fish oil everyday and a good multi Vitamin. hehe Protein shakes don't hurt my stomach so I'm looking into them..hrmm..Time will tell :) I'll figure it out eventually. heheh thanks for your help!
JimH
JimH
United States
2004/10/08, 11:32 PM
Here's something i heard today on tv, about body pH. A little chemistry - neutral pH is 7.0. Anything below is acidic, above is alkaline. Supposeably, if your body pH is alkline, you will not get be ill. It's all in the food we eat according to this "expert". I'm going to do some research on this.

--------------
Get_R_Done
reeree064
reeree064
United States
2009/07/27, 10:32 PM
Well...I have that same problem...irritable bowel syndrome. Was just doing a search on it and found this! I am just trying to figure it out so if you have any information it would be helpful. Are there any menus to go by with that case of stuff?:(