Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Urge-to-Splurge

JBenny
JBenny
United States
2004/07/09, 07:04 PM
:)Hi, I'm new to the board. I've never used a community board before, so please forgive any seemingly rude behaviour on my part, it's only my ignorance.
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for when those sudden over-powering urge-to-splurge moments arise. It would be most appreciated if you couuld help me in this, my area of weakness.
Thank you,
JBenny
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/07/09, 08:02 PM
Hi Jbenny, welcome to FT!

First let me say that sometimes the splurge is okay. What you want to be careful of is what you splurge on and how often. A good meal won't negate a bad meal, but a healthy lifestyle isn't supposed to be torture either.

It helps to keep things in the house that are good snacks which contribute to your goals. The stuff you have to have or die which does not contribute to your goals, best not to keep. When you do fly for ice cream, get the smallest size available. It's a treat, not a meal. Also, when you start to see the results of your hard work you will be less inclined to eat an entire cherry pie. I have to stop now because I seem to have created pie a la mode and it has upset me. lol

Welcome again!

--------------
Anni

Hard work must have killed somebody
leggomymeggo
leggomymeggo
United States
2004/07/10, 03:57 AM
suppress it with gum, duh, don't be a moron:angry:

(we know each other:big_smile:, to the people who were going to lynch mob me)

--------------
No anamosity is worth it :)
David1201086
David1201086
United States
2004/07/10, 02:44 PM
I was gonna say DAMN you dont have to be so mean :laugh:

============
Quoting from leggomymeggo:

suppress it with gum, duh, don't be a moron:angry:

(we know each other:big_smile:, to the people who were going to lynch mob me)

=============

--------------
Stand up 4 what you believe in, even if what you believe in stops you from breathing.
oscarg
oscarg
United States
2004/07/17, 08:41 PM
I have them all the time. If your gonna do a little cheating, pick the lesser of two evils and in the smallest qty possible. Example: Haagen Dazs Ice Cream VS Sealtest "Fat-Free" Ice Cream. Fruit and Water will help get rid of those cravings. But still, avoid Desserts and Beer as much as possible. Instead, try to eat healthy snacks like a turkey sandwich. If you have good snacks between meals you won't be hungry and you won't be thinkink about food.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/07/18, 01:43 PM
for these such ocasions I keep peanut butter( low fat) around and jelly( real fruit).........I take a bowl and mix the 2 together and eat it with a big cold glass of milk, it salot healtheir than ice cream or beer, you get proteins, some carbs and some good fats.

Also give yourself one cheat meal a week, one meal that you can eat anything you want just to break up the monotany of bland foods. But only do this if you have been "god" the rest of the week. This will modivate you during the week. Say tuesday you wanan eat a bowl of ice cream, but say to urself, "no wait till sat night, when i'm eating bb ribs, and i'll have a pieace of pie after ward with ice cream".

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn